Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-29-2014, 2:05 PM Reply   
Our friends the Martins own Drifters Marina at Lake Tulloch. I had done some LED lighting for him last year under the exterior Palapa's. Nothing fancy just some warm white lights to light your table. I placed a bug in his Ear about RGB and his Reply was " he didn't want the place to look like a Disco" ok fast forward 1 year. They bought a Liquor lice and now they are a Full Bar. Here are some before Pic's.
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-29-2014, 2:16 PM Reply   
The owner needed a bar, but had very limited room to play with. He didn't want to block the view of the lake from the restaurant in any way. So He came up with the Idea of a hanging bar that mounted from the window frame. It mounted up high enough to not block the view. My "buddy" named "Buddy" fabricated up this bar in no time. He had this from concept to installed in 3 day's. Mad skills with the welder & and the Airplane stick.
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-29-2014, 2:19 PM Reply   
They decided to Not paint it and go with a industrial raw oiled finish. He took the torch to the metal and then waxed it.
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-29-2014, 2:28 PM Reply   
We decided to use a 24 volt Wi Fi System. The Bar would be the Master and can control other RGB projects as them pop up. Plus being WiFi you dont need the controller you can control the lights with your phone.
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-29-2014, 2:30 PM Reply   
The Lights were 300 count SMT RGB waterproof 5 meter rolls
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-29-2014, 2:36 PM Reply   
Once the bar was installed I ran the 4 conductor 22 gauge wire threw the bar. The wire was held in place with the blue tape just to figure out how long the wire needed to be. The WiFi controller and the Power supply got pushed up under the HVAC after install.
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-29-2014, 2:42 PM Reply   
After the wires were cut to length we installed the strip's on the rails and installed the Plexy. John frosted the Clear plexy with 220 grit, Went with 3/4 Plexy self's. Tri-City Plastics cut & routerd the channels for the lights to run. They did a great job and the Pieces fit perfect. The $900 on Plexy was money well spent. John even busted out his table saw and got the Plexy to fit nice and tight.
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-29-2014, 2:48 PM Reply   
Because of the support pieces Buddy installed in the center the shelf's they had to be made in 3 sections. John did a great job at fitting everything where the light dosen't bleed threw the diffrent sections and the light is nice and even.
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-29-2014, 2:54 PM Reply   
Fast Forward to this weekend we got a chance to come in at night check out the bar in action. The 24volt light system is bright. the lights from the bar are enough to light the underside of the work area no problem. The overhead metal piece that's hides the HVAC reflects light back down and round it came out great. If your at Tulloch stop by and check it out.
Attached Images

Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-29-2014, 6:23 PM Reply   
Nice work! So the lake now has two bars? The hotel and the marina?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-29-2014, 7:17 PM Reply   
Drifters is the Only full bar on the lake. The Hotel is no more (closed). I think south shore sells Beer and wine but I'm not even sure of that. I haven't been to south shore in years.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-29-2014, 9:01 PM Reply   
That's really cool. Great job!
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-30-2014, 1:37 PM Reply   
Whats the story on the hotel? To many Bump parties?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-30-2014, 2:22 PM Reply   
Ultimately the resort suffered the same fate as many seasonal water front resort's like Lake Berressa & Clear lakes "Konocti Harbor"