Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       05-07-2013, 10:47 AM Reply   
Hey guys, Sunday late afternoon our pup went missing around the riverbank/crawdads marina as we were docking.
I know some of you guys are pretty local and probably frequent the discovery park/American river tie ups.

If any of you guys spotted him, or picked him up, maybe dropped off at the shelter, any help would be awesome!

He is a 1yr old pug yorkie mix, about 20-25 lbs. light brown scruffy fur, a curly tail, floppy ears and a goofy underbite. His name is Tank and he's a bundle of love. Quite shy but an awesome pup and my girlfriend and I would appreciate any help we can get finding him to bring home safe.

So if any of you were around the sac river Sunday, or know someone who was and can spread the word that would be great.

Our little boy Tank is still out there missing and we would love to bring him home safe. We have posted flyers everywhere, put ads on Craigslist, and have been checking the shelters. But if any of you local guys were out and about in those areas on Sunday evening and may have seen or heard, any extra eyes and ears help.

Ill post up some pictures of the little fella here shorty. Again, I thank you if you can help, ill give a cash reward, fill your boat with gas, anything I can do. We miss him terribly.

Last edited by Jmorlan; 05-07-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       05-07-2013, 11:25 AM Reply   
Here's a picture of him right after his haircut. He's a little more scruffy now, but I want to at least get this up until I get better pictures

Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       05-07-2013, 11:57 AM Reply   
This is before his haircut, he is not quite as furry now, and the black didnt come back in his hair. He is pretty much all brown.

That's Tank in the blue harness

Last edited by Jmorlan; 05-07-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       05-07-2013, 12:28 PM Reply   
I'd be heartbroken if I lost my dog Ozzie... I'll keep an eye out for you!
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-07-2013, 1:32 PM Reply   
Aww, what a sweet face! I'm sorry - that would just devastate me too. I hope you find him!
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       05-07-2013, 4:18 PM Reply   
We are keeping our hopes up, he's a great pup and my girlfriend and I have never felt hurt or sadness like this. We miss him terribly and just keep praying and updating our lines of exposure and communication.
It's going to put a real damper on our summer with our boat :/
Makes us sad to use it or even look at it.

We are new to the area we live in so hopefully we make a few new friends and can bring life back to our summer
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       05-07-2013, 9:25 PM Reply   
Hey guys!! Just. Quick update! We found our little boy!!! He's coming home with us tonight!!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-08-2013, 5:46 AM Reply   
AWESOME!!! Congrats!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-08-2013, 8:18 AM Reply   
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
just made my day
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-08-2013, 8:20 AM Reply   
What is the story on the little guy? Who found/returned him?
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-08-2013, 9:10 AM Reply   
Glad he's been found, lets hear about his adventure.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       05-08-2013, 9:55 AM Reply   
Well, its quite a crazy story, and just about the worst scenario/nightmare one could think of for their pup, or anyone. He had quite a scary adventure and was actually found in the river near old sac..
We believe he fell, or jumped off of the dock or boat as we were docking my folks boat at crawdads (its quite large not quite like our boats lol)
After the boat was tied up, we noticed something wasn't right, and Hank the Tank was missing.
We jumped in our centurion and searched the waters and the shores until nightfall and we couldn't see anymore. Nothing turned up. We then walked the shore with flashlights calling for him. Still nothing. It happened around dusk.
Thankfully, there are some amazing people out there, and a gentleman and his buddy, while on the way back to pull their boat out at launch found him struggling in the water and picked him up. I cannot thank this gentleman and his wife and friend enough.
They found him flailing in the river and picked him up, they took him home and made sure he was safe, the gentlemans wife works at a veterinary clinic and they took him to get checked out the next day. These people are amazing, again I'm nearly speechless.
Anyway, here's a link to the story

He looks quite scruffy after his river adventure, and its time for a haircut today after we go and thank, and visit some of the people who helped save him, and bring him back home to us.
THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-08-2013, 10:33 AM Reply   
super cool. I read this yesterday and my heart went out because I couldn't help but expect the worst. What a great outcome!
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       05-08-2013, 10:40 AM Reply   
Thats awesome! If you and your girlfriend every want to ride, my wife and I just picked up our boat and should be on the river alot this summer. Glad to hear about your dog, hes a lucky boy!
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       05-08-2013, 10:41 AM Reply   
How did they link him to you? Was he chipped?
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       05-08-2013, 11:43 AM Reply   
He was not wearing his tags, our other puppy chews everyone's collars off. Pesky pup haha
And he was not chipped, we are awaiting our appt for that, but these awesome ppl at the vet clinic are going to make sure they get him done today

Just by people sharing the stories on Facebook, and paired with the flyers and ads we had up on Craigslist there was enough activity going around that everything came together and our miracle came true!

We had ads and flyers anywhere we could, ads in papers, ads on Craigslist. The great folks at centurioncrew linked our story on their Facebook, and the vet he was taken to shared their story on Facebook. And through people liking and linking the Facebook stories, it was brought across someone who had seen our lost ad on Craigslist. That amazing lady emailed my girlfriend and it brought us to the vets page. She also shared our flyer on their comments and our phones started ringing and we were able to bring him home last night!
As soon as we got the news, we locked up at work and blasted out to go see him And meet the people who saved him.

We are on the way to the vet with some thank you gifts and to meet everyone else involved!

Also, we would love to meet up with some people and go ride! It's our first season with a boat and we are excited to have a good time and enjoy it with some awesome people.
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       05-08-2013, 2:05 PM Reply   
Great story. It's our first season with a boat also
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-08-2013, 5:02 PM Reply   
That is one lucky Tank, good on facebook.
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       05-09-2013, 9:26 PM Reply   
Initially, my stomach turned upside down. I love my animals and couldn't bear the thought of one going missing. I'm glad to hear Tank turned up unharmed and back to his rightful owners. Congrats and give him a good belly scratch for me!