Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-25-2011, 8:34 AM Reply   
Anyone make anything similar to this? While it works, I thought the Wakeworld crew could come up with something lot more classier that could be used in a home bar.

http://www.michaelroebuck.com/slushe...a_machine.html

Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-25-2011, 10:26 AM Reply   
That's fricken awesome. Ha, ha, ha.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-25-2011, 12:27 PM Reply   
That is awesome!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-25-2011, 3:32 PM Reply   
Que the Banjo Music, LOL THATS Hillbilly action at its finest
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-26-2011, 5:41 AM Reply   
I dont' see the use of it? A garbage disposal will make a terrible blender; you have no way of actually keeping the liquid frozen ( like a regular machine)....seems like all it would produce is some luke warm large ice chunck margaritas.

check craigslist for a machine or old soft serve ice cream machine, or buy a really good blender, ie blend tech, ect..
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-26-2011, 7:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Que the Banjo Music, LOL THATS Hillbilly action at its finest
Hillbilly blenders have a je ne sais quoi that only comes from using Ma's 10 year blender stolen from her sink.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-26-2011, 8:18 AM Reply   
The only thing I can think is the skit from Bob & Tom's Radio Show - Mr. Obvious Garbage disposal. It is a great bit and fits here perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XZMC1M9o04
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-26-2011, 9:35 AM Reply   
hey Jeff. it's a mexican cocktail! I would not worry too much about being classy. haha.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-26-2011, 11:28 AM Reply   
I think its apparent that Jeff is after quantity, not quality, here.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       01-26-2011, 8:42 PM Reply   
My kind of guy!

I have to build one!
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-27-2011, 6:23 AM Reply   
AAARRibbba!! I wanted to make something unlike a typical margarita maker. Didn't want to go this cheap but was trying to come up with the concept of the actual blending mechanism.

This one is a little better but has the same concept. Of course, not my team!!!

Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-27-2011, 6:24 AM Reply   
This one is hilarious.

Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-27-2011, 6:42 AM Reply   
When I first saw it, I thought: "What's the point?" The cost of a disposal is more than a cheap blender. But then after I saw other posts I payed more attention to the piping. Close the valve, load the ice, mix and booze and grind away. The disposal sucks, grinds and blows (what's wrong with that? ) the mix back into the cooler and the process starts all over again until the concoction is smooth. It's not about the sensibleness, it's all about the novelty of it. Of course the small block Chevy blender wins that! (But they should have gone big block!) lol