Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-17-2008, 8:37 AM Reply   
Does any one have an idea of the price of the boat, or any comments about it?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-17-2008, 9:55 AM Reply   
Do a search on it, there are other threads about it.
Old     (lknboarder)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-17-2008, 10:00 AM Reply   
The X-35 is one sick boat it is a great all around boat and rides and handles very nicely

They run for around $75-80K
Old     (riverside)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-17-2008, 11:58 PM Reply   
My buddy has ordered one.
Does anybody has some info about the wake?
Pics?
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-18-2008, 5:50 AM Reply   
The wake is supposedly better then the x-star
Old     (riverside)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-18-2008, 3:40 PM Reply   
i hope so.
Old     (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-18-2008, 6:43 PM Reply   
I'm going out on one tomorrow! I'll give a detailed report, and will try to get some photos of the wake.
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-18-2008, 6:45 PM Reply   
Tyler that would be killer if you could get pics!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-18-2008, 7:54 PM Reply   
Ben, what does that mean?

Just looked at the profile pic. Very good looking boat.

(Message edited by polarbill on May 18, 2008)
Old     (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-20-2008, 4:55 PM Reply   
Here's a very quick report (since I'm dealing with a stomach flu and am feeling lethargic).

The stock wakeboard wake is incredible--one of the best stock wakes I've ever experienced. (This was the boat's first run on the water, so no extra ballast this time.) The wake is big and has a really nice shape. It's mellow enough that the pop is very controllable, but it has a thick, well-defined lip. I really like the shape a lot, and it's big! If I owned an X-35 I probably wouldn't add much weight for everyday riding, and that's saying a lot because I ride at a fairly high level. In short, the wake is AWESOME.

Anyway, I don't want to say too much about the surf wake because I only have firsthand experience with two or three other boats in this department. However, I think it has the potential to be a very good surf wake with proper weight placement and/or the optional trim plate.

I'll try to post some pics soon, and perhaps I'll provide some more information when I'm feeling better.
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-21-2008, 5:15 AM Reply   
The wake is not better than the X Star. It is good, but not better than a sacked out X Star. Nice size and shape for a factory wake, but the X Star is still better.

X 35's are big too. No putting one in a garage with an 8' header. They are really tall on the trailer.
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-21-2008, 5:51 AM Reply   
Shawn, have you ridden behind an x-35 yet?
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-21-2008, 8:33 PM Reply   
I haven't but my buddy had one in the water over the weekend, and that was his report. I was considering a 35, but I trust his opinion, he has logged a bunch of hours behind just about everything out there.
Old     (tversetti)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-21-2008, 10:24 PM Reply   
I agree on the large wake with a well defined lip.
It sure creates a ton of pop....

That was a sweet boat to ride behind
Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-28-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
I have been inquiring as to the differences between the X-45 and the X-35, and my dealer had a chance to evaluate both recently and these were his personal observations:

Here are my thoughts on the X-35 and X-45. By way of comparison, I prefer the X-45. I've made some brief notes below on how they compare with respect to a few different categories.

Driving and Handling: very similar - I'd have to drive the two boats in the same day to decide.
Wakeboarding Wake: X-35 - this is one of the best stock wakes in the wakeboard industry; I was VERY impressed. The X-45 is good, but it's not at the same level as the 35.
Wakesurfing Wake: X-45 - I think that the 35 has the potential to be good, but the particular model we drove did not have the trim/wake plate, and this is an essential option for the boat if you're into surfing. We all agreed that the 45 is better in this department.
Interior: this comes down to personal preference, but I don't think the boat needs a sink or fridge, and they take up space; also, you lose some storage because of the flip-around passenger seat. The storage compartments have different access in the 35 also, which I don't like as well.
Storage: X-45.

Again, this is from a MC dealer so take it for what it's worth, but his evaluation confirms ehat I had been thinking from just looking at photos.
Old     (unclej)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-28-2008, 3:36 PM Reply   
Someone needs to get some pictures of the wake on the 35.....

I'd be happy to. Anyone with a 35 ready to give me a pull for all the wakeworlders out there?
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-30-2008, 6:33 PM Reply   
i just rode behind this boat yesterday, the wake was perfect, at least for me, it seemed like a mixture of the x star, and the x 30, it had a nice lip on the wake that just booted you, but it was to steep, great boat, great wake IMO