Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-01-2006, 7:59 AM Reply   
I'm looking for a new wakeboard rope. Right now I have a ten dollar Walmart ski rope. I've been looking online and there seems to be a huge range of prices for ropes. I would like a good rope but I don't want to spend more than 60 dollars, any suggestion for a good rope for that price?
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-01-2006, 8:24 AM Reply   
I would check out the sites avertising above. I personally have had good success with wakeside. Jason over there is a big help.
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       08-01-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
get a no stretch rope. Obviously better for riding but also has a terrific safety benefit. No rope recoil into the boat. Worth the money for sure. I have no brand preference
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       08-01-2006, 11:37 AM Reply   
I agree most nonstretch ropes will fit to your ability.
I have heard several people say to get a Jacket line from Grizzley for 50 or the Red line from Bullet for around the same.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-01-2006, 12:01 PM Reply   
Which websites sell either one of those I just tried to search them and can't find it
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       08-01-2006, 12:19 PM Reply   
http://www.grizzly-sports.com/ is the website but I would call and talk to them.

Bullet Lines is on ebay or you can buy them direclty from the bulletlines.com but it looks like their prices have gone up. You can email the owner at kland@bulletlines.com and maybe strike a deal
Old    murrayair            08-01-2006, 12:40 PM Reply   
You can get a good non-stretch spectra rope for between about $60 and $100, and it will be worth every penny. I have had an Accurate Fire Jacket for several years now and couldn't be more happy with it. I wouldn't recomend getting a Bullet rope. A lot of people, including me, have had problems with them falling apart pretty quickly.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-01-2006, 12:49 PM Reply   
Proline sk series great non stretch line for the money.
If you want an even better line then Proline Ak series.
Old     (jhertz27)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-01-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
Daniel,

I would definatly invest in a good nonstretch rope. I have had the Accurrate Jacket for two seasons and it is very nice and durable. Easy to see in the water and it floats. I got mine on e-bay for about 50 bones. Check e-bay
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-01-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
Daniel,

I can sell you a Bullet Armor Line for $55 shipped. It will not fall a part! A pic is below! Let me know! You can also look at other ropes on our website www.bulletlines.com

Thanks,

Ken Land
kland@bulletlines.com
Bullet Ski Lines

Upload
Old    hyperlite_m            08-01-2006, 4:18 PM Reply   
i went all out i bought the straight line carbon handle and viper rope all causted about $150 but i am very pleased with the no stretch and the handle floats too!!!... i use to have the byrley that didn't float so im happy!
Old     (socalf150rider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-01-2006, 4:46 PM Reply   
what ever you do... dont buy the black widow line and this years watson handle, the rope sinks and the handle is like concrete...
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-02-2006, 6:42 AM Reply   
Spend the extra money, whatever you do. A good rope will last you 2+ years, and that beats buying cheap stuff each year. I bought a $120 spectra line 5 years ago and although its dirty and faded, it has nothing wrong with it. BTW, after you do spend the $$ on a good rope, TAKE CARE OF IT and it will last.....
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-02-2006, 6:46 AM Reply   
Ken I'm definently going to get one of your ropes, I just need a couple of weeks to save some money for the one you have a pic of.
Thanks everybody for the tips
Dan