Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old    sliderfreak            01-18-2005, 11:29 AM Reply   
the first weekend of the seattle boat show was killer. hella ill phat dope were there. and over at the natique booth there was a big crowd. i walked over there only to find the man him self. Mr Shaun Murray. wow. it was killer, i knew there might b a pro or two there but murray holy christ! heres a pic of me with him i look like a gooner but o well it was awsome. anybody elses hit the seattle boat show?

Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-18-2005, 11:53 AM Reply   
Mitch,

You don't look like a "gooner" you looked stoked!

One question for you thought. I've always wondered how tall Murray was and it looks like you've got a few inches on him. How tall are you?
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-18-2005, 12:13 PM Reply   
I don't know how tall Murray is but I would have to guess around 5"8
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-18-2005, 12:16 PM Reply   
murray's like 5'4", give or take.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-18-2005, 12:24 PM Reply   
Yeah Joe is close. I'm 5'9" and Murray was much shorter than I when I met him.

Cool guy to talk to. Have to give him credit for being one of the few pro riders that can hold an intelligent conversation.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-18-2005, 12:35 PM Reply   
Shaun is a cool, down to earth person ran into him a few times and IMO has the best personality in the wakeboarding scene.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-18-2005, 1:49 PM Reply   
Shaun is pretty short, about what Joe says. I am 5'7" and he was shorter than me. He sat and talked to us for about 45 minutes towards the end of the show. He has a new tour that he and Gerry Nunn are doing. www.justridethebackyardtour.com

Besides talking to the adults, Shaun played with Mason (5yr old kid) (mind you Mason is an exceptional kid) and watching the two of them do the secret hand shakes signals was super cute.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-18-2005, 3:22 PM Reply   
I actually had the opportunity to ride on Shaun's boat last summer when he came to sd on his Backyard tour. Coolest person to meet and hang out with. He towed me around mission bay and gave me some pointers also. Very down to earth person,
easy going, just a great person. I have a pic
at my house with him. I am 5'5" and he is about the same height. But damn, he can still bust some
huge air.
Old    sliderfreak            01-18-2005, 9:41 PM Reply   
ya hes killer and very laid bak and really was cool spending time with me just talking.ya im like 5 7 ish and so hes short but it doest matter cuz hes the shiot
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-19-2005, 4:50 AM Reply   
I think he's like 4'11", maybe 5 foot even. I'm not sure, but I do know, he fits in most carry-on luggage.
Old     (jeff_altman)      Join Date: May 2002       01-19-2005, 6:44 AM Reply   
lol Travis.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-19-2005, 7:30 AM Reply   
Hey Troy, we gotta make sure we give props to you too. We all know Shaun woud not be as good as he is without a damn good driver like you.
Just had to give you some props too.

Hope the Boarding School is going well.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-19-2005, 10:10 AM Reply   
that was hilarious.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-19-2005, 10:43 AM Reply   
Trav can't drive but he look good in the boat.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-19-2005, 6:44 PM Reply   
Well there you go. It's not about driving cool, it's about looking cool.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-19-2005, 9:35 PM Reply   
Actually, I drove for Shaun when he was in Sac last year and he said I was a much better driver than Travis Moye(punk). In fact he said that I made him a much better rider. He said that I was a boat driving technician. No lie.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-20-2005, 1:06 AM Reply   
Hey Travis, good to see your name on the board. Tom, your nose is growing by the second. Must be the swelled head from your son being invited to the MASTERS!! YAY DEREK! (how is the knee?)
As far as Shaun goes, he has set the standard for us on how a demo should be run. Him and Gerry both. Speaking of, Travis, did Christy have her baby?? Boy or girl and name please?? thanks!
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-20-2005, 4:37 AM Reply   
Yep, Gerry and Christy had there baby right before new years. A little boy named Christian.
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       01-21-2005, 4:29 AM Reply   
Christian was at my house last night. Awesome... Gerry made him do pull-ups while we were having dinner. Looks just like Gerry..
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-21-2005, 1:46 PM Reply   
It was great meeting Shaun and just talking about things. Great person, nice. Mason was slapping all kinds of skin with him ( Ithink Shaun learned a new one). Laci you'd better make sure you and Tracy have the breakfast menu worked out for this summer. I think Sahun meant it when he said you two could make breakfast when they come.
Old    murrayair            01-21-2005, 10:23 PM Reply   
Does anyone know how Shaun's knee is? I thought I heard he was supposed to be riding again this month.
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       01-22-2005, 3:52 AM Reply   
Mark
Shaun's knee is progressing well. He is riding. Thanks for asking....
But here's the real news.....
Gerry's (and Christy's) new son Christian at 3 weeks:
Christian
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-22-2005, 12:21 PM Reply   
soon to be the youngest wakeboarder ever (even to beat Parks's youngest waterskier) no doubt, even if only the length of a forearm!!!!