Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (marknjenn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-08-2009, 3:07 PM Reply   
Are they still in business? Mailbox if full, Fax number disconnected, no cover still after 12 weeks of waiting and many unfulfilled promises? Anyone know what the deal is with them?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-08-2009, 3:11 PM Reply   
They suck and there are many boat dealers tired of their crap. Give Cory at Evolution Covers a call, he'll take care of you and follow through.

Cory Anderson
Evolution Covers
http:/www.evolutioncovers.com
Info@evolutioncovers.com
425) 478-2043
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-08-2009, 3:16 PM Reply   
Pat from Rankin has been in the hospital for nearly 3 weeks, they are WAY behind.. Very poor communication , give Cory a call while they are down, although Cory is falling behind now due to the overwhelming orders...
Old     (zipe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-08-2009, 3:33 PM Reply   
Really, that sounds like my experience when he WASN'T in the hospital.

Run away if you can!
Old     (wackbag)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-08-2009, 4:28 PM Reply   
I've heard this sort of thing with Rankin for years. I bought one from them in 2004 and had no problems but seems I'm the minority.
Old     (riverdog)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-08-2009, 10:02 PM Reply   
I had nothing but problems with Rankin! Beware
Old     (carter13)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-09-2009, 5:24 AM Reply   
I ordered my Rankin cover back in late February of this year. They told my they were about four weeks out. It took ten weeks and I had to keep calling to see when it was going to be done. Very poor communication but a great product.
Old     (nelson)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-09-2009, 6:51 AM Reply   
I had to send mine back to make some adjustments last year they had it for six months! I could never get a call back or anything. Finally I just went by there shop when I was in town for business and stood there and waited for him to fix it. When I got there he had to find the cover first, it was still in the box that I shipped it to them in, never even opened. I know my next cover is going to be an evolution.
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-09-2009, 10:13 AM Reply   
A friend of mine has a Rankin cover that he paid dearly for about 1 1/2 years ago. The cover all of a sudden started "sheading" we uncover the boat and it looking like it had snowed black flakes all over the boat. We cleaned the cover and the boat, recovered it and 2 weeks later uncovered it to the same thing. I was nasty, the boat was completely covered in black flakes from bow to stern. Not sure what happened, but he too has not recieved a call back for over 6 weeks now.... Not sure what to tell him.... Buy a new one..... Sad thing is this cover still looks new and the boat has been stored in doors for almost 9 months now so sun exposure is not an issue.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-09-2009, 10:22 AM Reply   
I have had 2 boats that both had Rankin covers on them when I purchased the boat. They seemed good quality. I have heard the same thing as others about Rankin's communication though. I did call Rankin and Evolution because I was going to have a cover made for my dad's 83 MC and I left a message with Rankin which they never responded to. Corey at Evolution answered the phone and talked with me for 30 minutes. He is a very nice guy. Just the small fact that he answered the phone and spent time on the phone with me and Rankin never called me back would make me choose the Evolution even if it took too long to make. At least he will communicate with you on why it is taking too long. Better than leaving a VM everyday for weeks and never hearing back from them. Rankin sounds like an incredibly poorly run company. If you can't even answer the phones or call back in a timely manner you have no business being in business.
Old     (wackbag)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-09-2009, 10:29 AM Reply   
Does the Evolution have the heavy vinyl nose protector like the Rankin does?
Old     (marknjenn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-09-2009, 11:27 AM Reply   
I kind of knew what I was getting into when I ordered, which is why I have been so patient. Read some of the early threads on Rankin and you'll know what I am saying. I just wanted a good towable cover and rankin and evolution make the best. I first tried to go with evolution but he didn't have my boat pattern. Probibly would have been better off driving up to WA to get it done! I am just tired of the "it's in the mail" stuff. If they would just be honest, that would take them along way.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-09-2009, 11:37 AM Reply   
Matt no they don't but it's not needed in my experience. I've had two Evolution covers and two Rankin covers. The evolution covers have been much more tow friendly for me and I tow exclusively.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-09-2009, 11:48 AM Reply   
Evolution does have the heavy vinyl nose protector if you ask him to put it on which I did.

I liked the fact that the nose protector makes the cover easier to put on as it grabs the nose of the boat. I also got a transom protector and swimstep cover. This was on a 2008 Centurion Enzo SV230. Very happy with the product.
Old     (nelson)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-09-2009, 1:30 PM Reply   
Mark That must be there famous line "it's in the mail". Funny thing was I was told that about 30 mins before I walked in his door. I can understand being busy and taking longer to get things done but tell me up front.
Old     (wackbag)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-10-2009, 9:41 AM Reply   
nubu- I just like the looks of the nose protector.