Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (pacifichigh)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-02-2009, 7:25 AM Reply   
Don't wanna deal with all the beer cans on the boat this weekend, so we wanna stick a keg in the stern locker (07 Malibu LSV).

I don't think a 1/2 barrel will fit, but pony shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone done this before.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-02-2009, 7:26 AM Reply   
Yeah they spit foam for like 2 hours then go flat. But hey you still get to say you have a keg on your boat!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-02-2009, 7:27 AM Reply   
Get some 40oz..... still have garbage, but way way less.
Old     (pacifichigh)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-02-2009, 7:30 AM Reply   
We're putting in and going to raft up in a cove that is maybe 1/8th mile from launch.

Hadn't thought about foam, good point.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-02-2009, 7:32 AM Reply   
We have a local brewery that sells "Party Pigs" they are like 1.5 gallon mini kegs (sort of) they work great for the boat. I am bringing 5 of them out of the 4th. They stay pretty good because they beer is inside a bag with no air getting in so it kinda locks the beer in place, still a bit foamy but no where near as bad as a 16 or 8 gallon keg.
Old     (kellen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-02-2009, 8:16 AM Reply   
Just bring a 12 pack..and one u park and anchor drink ur 12r and that will give te keg to settle before u tap it. Good luck be safe having a keg on te boat seems to help everything get a lil outta control!!!
Old     (gwperry2)      Join Date: May 2009       07-02-2009, 8:49 AM Reply   
We had two pony kegs @ lake tullouch last weekend for the Summer NIghts with CIE event worked great no foam problems. Just wish we had two more because they were gone super fast. make sure you bring a keg bucket so you can keep it iced down and the foam problem will not happen.
Old     (tcmercil)      Join Date: May 2006       07-02-2009, 10:39 AM Reply   
Andy - what local brewery does that in MN? I've seen Party Pigs in CO - but nothing around here - - Party pigs are great additions to any cabin weekend away...
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-02-2009, 10:43 AM Reply   
I have gotten them from Surly. Some Liq's will carry or can order them from Lake Superior Brewing as well. I usually get them From a Place in WBL called Summit Liquor (the Lake Superior Brewing ones anyway).
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-02-2009, 10:44 AM Reply   
Tim - you ever ride on Bald Eagle? Your whips looks like a boat on B.E. all the time.
Old     (tcmercil)      Join Date: May 2006       07-02-2009, 10:45 AM Reply   
Ah.... Pigs of Surley - now we are talking - - I might have to stop by Summit Liquor on the way out of town tonight.... Thanks...
Old     (tcmercil)      Join Date: May 2006       07-02-2009, 10:55 AM Reply   
BE - I sent you a pm - but yeah - my boat has been out there a couple times - - not all that often, I'm less than a mile from Owasso, so I do ride there, well - try to - but.... I've given up on it really....

Have a friend up on the private Rice Lake that has an older xstar - and I've been spoiled with riding with him on a lake with no one..... not sure if I'll ever wake on owasso again....
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-02-2009, 3:38 PM Reply   
If you are concerned about garbage just stick to Hard Licks. A few handles of SKYY and Patron should be good enough.
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-02-2009, 4:02 PM Reply   
Done it ...it sucks. Hot beer and alot of foam!! Me and 2 other guys and 1 gal had to do our best to float it, (everyone else switched to cans)...till we couldnt drink the hot foam anymore. Instead of a keg in a trash can with melted ice. Just keep that empty garbage container full of beer cans!!
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-03-2009, 8:20 AM Reply   
You guys are weak! We installed a jockey box, with a keg last weekend like Gary said, NO foam and we even rode some rough stuff and drank right afterwards. The key is to keep the keg cold and the jockey box cold! If you don't keep everything cold it'll foam big time! Get it dialed in you'll be the king s%^$ and the life of the party, trust us it's worth it!
Old     (aaudii5150)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-03-2009, 9:03 AM Reply   
Cans Cans and more Cans..... Crush them with your hands and stick them in under the seat right behind the cooler...... Been through this many time.... Just make sure there all empty!
Old     (wackbag)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-06-2009, 10:55 AM Reply   
We mix drinks and have hardly any garbage.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-06-2009, 11:25 AM Reply   
Does this thread in any way seem like a prequil to the thread "did you see that sunk boat on the delta"?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-07-2009, 6:48 AM Reply   
Bahahahahahahahha TOTALLY!!!!!! Thats Great CWA!
Old     (pacifichigh)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-07-2009, 8:07 AM Reply   
The keg def. got things live. The only carnage was a bunch of wasted broads from doing kegstands.

No beached boats here.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-07-2009, 8:25 AM Reply   
for us everytime we go out its 2 x 30 coors light pack but hey we are not only 2 we are at least 6-7 3 guys 4 girls !

Thats how we keep the water hot a lil longer
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-07-2009, 8:26 AM Reply   
I thought about this thread over the weekend after I observed a few gatherings. First off, I personally am trying to reduce my waste as much as possible, and increase my, as well as others recycling.

As we went from different party to party, I began to notice the differences between cans and coolers, and cups and kegs (or even mixed drinks). When cans or bottles were consumed, once finished, they would be thrown in the recycling bin (or trash and someone would move it), and another would be taken out of the cooler/fridge. With the cups, once finished, they would either be refilled, or set down which was then thrown away. I myself went through 4+ cups at one party because if you set it down it would get snatched up, or you wouldn't know yours from someone else's, and at least one of you would get a new cup. Add to this, all these cups were going in the trash, or laying around the party while people continued to grab new cups. This then made me think about when we'd have parties in college, and the main thing to do the next morning was walk up and down the road picking up cups before the neighbors did.

In your specific situation it was probably better, but I really wonder if it is most of the time. Can's can create a decent amount of waste, but when someone buys 75-100+ cups, and the bag is gone after the party, all those cups are going to the landfill, where if it were cans I would hope most could be recycled. Not only that, but I would guess the areas stay cleaner if cans/bottles are used because normally you throw it out while getting a new one. Not starting a WW argument here, I just thought about this when I was noticing the differences at the parties, and really think "Case" parties may be the best way to go, environmentally and cleanliness wise at least. Glad you had fun and stayed safe.
Old     (pacifichigh)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-07-2009, 8:40 AM Reply   
As hip as Austin may be, there is not recycling at any of the boat ramps here At the end of the day a bunch of cans get thrown away.

We had a crew of 19 this weekend. It would of been a mtn of cans instead of a sleeve of cups.
Old     (tcmercil)      Join Date: May 2006       07-07-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
I'm sure people have seen this - maybe you haven't - seems like a great alternative to ballast:

Upload
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-07-2009, 9:13 AM Reply   
Bahhahaahahah that is so Awesome
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-07-2009, 10:11 AM Reply   
I need to keep in mind that I ride with a two year old, my dad, wife, and if lucky a co worker. So we need small amounts of beer.
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-07-2009, 7:25 PM Reply   
The party barge on Bald Eagle was awesome on the 4th...nothing better than a keg, beer pong, slip n slide, and a bbq on the water! Kind of a sh*t show though.

Hopefully the barge gets turned into a sick slider in the near future!