Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (mirider)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-30-2007, 1:47 PM Reply   
I’ve tried many boards this year and finally had my first experience on the new Green Loogey from Inland Surfer. This new “Green Machine” (Green Loogey) is fast, responsive, easy to ride and now allows me to do tricks that I thought were never possible. I then let several buddies give it a try and they all concurred. So, if you are thinking about a new board, like to ride surf style and do tricks, I would absolutely add this to the list…It’s awesome. Have FUN!Uploadhttp://www.inlandsurfer.com
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-30-2007, 3:29 PM Reply   
First post huh…

The new '07 Yellow is an excellent board. I rode it several times. It's a little slower down the line than the older stubby nose yellow. However, rail to rail it's much faster than the older model. I was recovering from a broken ankle when I rode the ’07 Yellow so my input is only so good. I found that I was pearling the new Yellow more than the old one.

My understanding of the green is that Green is supposed to be both faster down the line and faster rail to rail. However, you might need a first class wake machine to get full performance.

Big riders, 250 class, ride the old Yellow behind my boat which puts out a medium++ wake. So, what do you think? How well do you think this board will do with larger riders and smaller wakes? Can you qualify what new tricks you’re pulling off?

Don't get me wrong, the '05 Yellow is the board I ride the most. I'd love to try the Green some time. I’d just like a little more description rather than a blurb that it was great.
Old     (locwakeoutlawscom)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-30-2007, 3:33 PM Reply   
John's right on here, the IS Green is good fun! The only thing I'd comment on is the statement of "like to ride surf style". This board is about as close to smashing a skim board and a surf board together I have ever seen.

I think it'll please skimmers and surf style riders. Very different initially to both preferences but I am yet to see someone not have fun on it.

John - did you try it with the stock fins or the Loogey trick fins?
Old     (locwakeoutlawscom)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-30-2007, 3:48 PM Reply   
Ed - the largest rider we have had on the IS green os 220/225 range, but it'll float 250 all day. I understand from your post that John being a first timer was a potentially spammy.

So to your statement: "I’d just like a little more description rather than a blurb that it was great."

Here's a couple clips from the day we got the green wet the first time. (All clips were the first times with the IS green for these riders.) We've found that recording the demos are much more reliable for a review than just trying to remember how much fun a board was/was not.

*note may be language, PG-13 I suspect.

Clip 1
Clip 2
Clip 3

Me personally, the board is a fantastic challenge, very buoyant and easy to ride, but there is some work required to carve or spin and still be fluid. I have not spent enough hours riding the green, but so far, it's fast, it's WIDE, predictable but awkward, it's not like riding a surf or a skim, the damn thing is really right in the middle and that really starts to make sense when you ride a Loogey, reading about it doesn't help much. But I was surprised at the blend. Spinning the board was erratic, I spin a much larger ocean inspired board so I was seriously rotating, waay too much. That's one of the challenges is there is so much work this board does for you that you need not push or force it - it's a learning process, but a fun ride. Once I learn how to master or harness the work it does, I can see how getting super aggressive would be possible with it's width and buoyancy, the general responsiveness and speed could be a wicked combo after getting consistent with it's basics.

*Thumbs Up.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-30-2007, 4:44 PM Reply   
Loc, I guess I stomped on the guys first post and all but it smelled a lot like spam. Nice post.

So John, I'm sorry if I put out any of your stoke. Keep riding and posting, you'll get a feel for what you like and how to say it so the rest of us can benefit from your experience. This forum can be very influential.

I love what Jeff Page and Inland Surfer do for the sport. On top of that the Yellow and the Blue are just great boards. I’m too darned fat for the Black Pearl.
Old     (mirider)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-30-2007, 6:07 PM Reply   
Yes, I now see that being “first post virgin” can have its controversy. Anyway...No Worries!
I think that the riders weight range for the green board would be comparable to the yellow board. I’ve mostly been riding the Blue Lake (my favorite board for cruising) & the Black Pearl this year. I really like the Black Pearl for sliding and spinning, but at 190lbs. on my medium-ish wake I had to work more to keep up in the boat. What I like most about the Green Loogey is that it was easy/fun to ride and…that my limited bag of tricks was already increasing. I also changed my stance a little on the green by moving my front foot closer to the wave side and my back foot up against the kick pad (before I was more centered on the board and the change made a big difference for me). I’m adding trick fins this week to the green board to see what that is like for spinning, riding, etc. The infamous 360 is work in progress and need all the help I can get. Heck, the results I get with the trick fins on the green loogey could be my second post. Stay tuned!
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-30-2007, 8:20 PM Reply   
loc,

nice music selection on clip 2 and 3... the girl in the first post makes it look pretty easy. looked like the wake might be a bit better on the dark side too... nice videos. i'm gonna have to try one out.
Old    lakeside5_10            10-31-2007, 10:50 AM Reply   
vid looks cool too , but i wish the riders new or done some tricks,!!
Old     (hgaugh)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-31-2007, 12:20 PM Reply   
hey, I just went ropeless this season...I'll nail my threes someday soon! ;)
Old     (hgaugh)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-31-2007, 12:27 PM Reply   
Figured I'd do a little feedback on the green loogey too.

It is really a great and fun board to ride. Fast and responsive and like "loc" said a perfect blend of a skim and ocean style surfer. I have predominantly rode ocean-style boards (Thresher, F-18 and now Blue Lake) since going ropeless back in June/July timeframe.

I love the maneuverability of the loogey. I was finally ready to "attempt" a so-called trick...and attempted my first three. (Note: Did not pull it off :-( ) But I will practice practice practice!!! Keep in mind I am more of a newbee to wakesurfing...so I have not TRULY broken in this board...but love it and have fun with it!
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-01-2007, 8:36 AM Reply   
Hey noobie, Glad you liked the Green Loogie. Have fun on the water this weekend, sorry I can't make it. I don't think there's wakeboarding in Shanghai. Get that 360!
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-02-2007, 8:06 PM Reply   
Hey there Eagle we missed you tonight. We even played your type of music for a couple of songs in honor of you. John L has pics. Boat is tucked away safe, and pending fog patrol, we hope to hit the water in the morning here.

So I rode the green loogey tonight. I found it very easy to ride. It was very fast. I had fun trying to find the brakes on the thing. I have been riding the 4Skim for a couple of months now and love that board, so I compare everything to that. I wasn't a big yellow fan due to the speed issue. The Green increased the speed making it fun. Now in order to get the groove on the green i just need to get over the big fins (and two of them). But I give this board 2 thumbs up and a ton of fun to be had. Can't wait to ride it again.
Old     (mirider)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-03-2007, 11:23 AM Reply   
Yep, we had a few more riders try the green loogey yesterday. Both bsflower and misteve had fun with the new board. I changed the green loogey by adding the trick fins. It was a just little squirlier and was easier to spin. I really like this setup and plan to ride the green loogey with the trick fins.

It’s a great fit for me…Yahoo!
Upload
Thank you Inland Surfer!
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-03-2007, 9:05 PM Reply   
Nice video John L.