Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-29-2013, 2:05 PM Reply   
My pier has seen it better days and was looking for an alternative solution to redecking it. I was at Home Depot and saw this. Has anyone seen or used this stuff?

http://rustoleumrestore.com/dcr/

Video:

Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-29-2013, 2:38 PM Reply   
It's got my interest. Even if it took 4 coats it would be a good deal.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-29-2013, 3:51 PM Reply   
I have a developer friend that was building a high end home he used a company that was basically a Mobil Rhino Lining shop. They came out and did all his weather proofing. Shower pans and window gap's. The did a small deck with the material. I swore it was Rhino Lining. Check around and see if their is a vendor in your aera. I could see a material like that working out very nice
Old    sperbet            04-29-2013, 4:17 PM Reply   
Funny. Just talked to a friend this afternoon who did her deck this weekend. She said she was very happy with the result. I haven't seen it yet in person, but it sounds like it worked out well for her.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-30-2013, 7:46 AM Reply   
A friend of mine did his deck and thought it would darken as it dried. He now has a pink deck! lol. It has held up well though!
Old     (onthecreek)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-30-2013, 4:58 PM Reply   
just put on a first coat of this stuff. it's different, that's for sure. of course, the videos make it look super simple.

it's not terribly expensive by the gallon but it goes on a bunch thicker than normal paint. their website says 2 gallons will cover 50 sq ft with 2 coats. the packaging on the box says 2 gallons covers 100 sq ft, 2 coats. i think it's somewhere in the middle. i used 2.5 gallons on about 225 sq ft but i didn't go as thick as the instructions. the roller that's included in a 2 gallon kit lays it on really thick. they say you can roll and tip the 2nd coat but i tipped the first. it filled in cracks and screw holes better that way plus spread a little further.