Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-16-2006, 1:21 PM Reply   
Free Board and Bindings!!!

No joke here. You could get a free setup. Joe Umali and I are both NFL
fans. We both love our team. I just so happens he's a Lambs er uhm
Rams fan and I'm a Niner fan.

This is how you get a free board. We could not seem to agree on what
team was going to win the two inter-conference meetings this season.
So I came up with the bet. Ram's lose both games to the Niners, Joe
gives up board and bindings from his stash. If the Niners lose both
games I give up a board and bindings. If we see a split between teams
we go to the best record for the season.

Who gets the board? You do…well if you deserve it. I was thinking you
could fill this thread with reasons why you NEED the board. I don't
want to hear anything about coffee tables, slider boards and just
because you're cool.

Give us a real reason to give you the ride.

The boards:

Mine: 2001 142 Byerly w/ 2002 XL Ultras

Joe's: 2004 138 Blindside Blade w/ 2004 L Doubleup Krank
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-16-2006, 1:26 PM Reply   
I'm not sure that is a good bet for you. I'm a 9ers fan as well, but I wouldn't bet on them winning anything right now. You can just mail me your board now. I do like the lambs comments. I will have to use that with one of my friends who is die hard rams.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-16-2006, 1:26 PM Reply   
I need a board, cause ima poor college student, who cant afford one, making me a boat whore and a board whore!
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-16-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
I feel I deserve the board because I got my first board from my parents and they have no idea what they bought and I think it is awful, and I can't buy a new one myself. Also the bindings I have cut my feet when I crash and make my toes numb. I'm in highschool so I have no time for a job since I'm in above honors classes that give me tons of homework. I hope I win the board, and I also hope you didn't fall asleep during my sob story. Please let me win!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-16-2006, 1:57 PM Reply   
Just sell the car in your driveway and you can get any board you want Dan. J/K But that A/C Cobra is a sweet ride.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-16-2006, 1:59 PM Reply   
I don't get any money when we sell it, we built it to sell, and since I didn't buy parts I don't get any cash.
Old     (rileyg)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-16-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
Here is my reason. My family has an I/O boat that we use quite often in the summer. My family isn't very wealthy so we can only use the ski's we have. We are unable to afford a wakeboard of any kind at this time. I have tried my friends wakeboard and I loved it. It was by far the most fun i have had behind a boat in my entire life. Unfortunately he rarely comes boating with my family and usually goes with his on a different lake. I have been coming on Wakeworld quite often trying to get into the wakeboarding scene and learn more about it. Please help out this in need 15 year old! I have been saving some money for a little while so if needed I could pay for shipping.

Thanks for your time.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-16-2006, 2:07 PM Reply   
Do we need any more, I think Riley is going to win it if he doesn't even have his own board yet.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-16-2006, 2:27 PM Reply   
I'd try, but give it to Riley, he could be full of it, but ya know what, judging by his profile, he's not lying, he sounds like he'd be proud of whatever ride he was on, SO LET'S GET THIS KID A RIDE!
Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-16-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
i wanna win so i can sell it on e bay and take that money and by me a RONIX

FBAALLDAY
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-16-2006, 2:48 PM Reply   
The board to be given away will definately be a:

2001 142 Byerly w/ 2002 XL Ultras
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-16-2006, 2:51 PM Reply   
Riley deserves to win. He needs a board to ride since he has nothing at all.
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-16-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
Derby,
Wht wait til the 1/2 way through the season when the niners will be mathematically done. Just send Riley the board now.
Old     (ryansgt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-16-2006, 3:01 PM Reply   
Deserving is relative... everybody has sob stories. I currently ride on a 142 hydroslide backdraft of unknown year behind a 17.5 ft. Smokercraft outboard with an identity crisis. The board is crap, heavy as hell with fins that belong on a surfboard. The real question here is who has the stoke to repeatedly go out use whatever they have to ride and have fun. I learned just this year and have taught at least 15 people to ride this year. Looking for pop and still trying to find my style, but I WILL get it whether I get a free board, or I have to sacrifice a few meals to save up and buy a new board.(jk, i have only skipped grocery shopping once to fill up the boat ). Have fun competing for this guys and if anyone is in the whitewater area and needs a pull behind a sacked out fish/ski with a hardware store pylon, i'm always lookin for a 3rd.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-16-2006, 3:50 PM Reply   
i'll put out!!!!! (j/k - i want riley to win)
Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-16-2006, 4:03 PM Reply   
Oh snaps!!!
Old     (ryansgt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-16-2006, 4:29 PM Reply   
Just in case it was unclear, my vote is for riley as well. I have a boat, crappy as it may be, and a board to ride. Just the other day as I was riding behind my boat I scoped this dude being pulled behind a little aluminum fishing boat from the transom. Couldn't have been more than a 25hp outboard on there w/ manual steering. heh, that dude was surfin up and down his 2" wake with gusto and I was this close to offering him a pull when he went in. Makes what you have seem that much better.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-16-2006, 8:18 PM Reply   
kylie gets my board.

jk!
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-17-2006, 12:32 AM Reply   
I think I deserve the board. Because Joe and I made a bet on the NBA playoffs this season. The premise was that if Dallas and Phoenix met and Dallas won, Joe would owe me a day of riding. Well, guess what!? Joe up and moved to Nor Cal, and tried to tell me that the bet was for 'local' riding only....That's not what I have saved on my computer (the bet was via IM).

I'm still waitin for that invite up North Joe! I'll pay my way to get up there for a weekend or so.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-17-2006, 4:06 PM Reply   
screw the Lambs and 9ers...Just send it to Riley now...he is willing to pay for shipping out of his savings. He gets my vote. GO CHARGERS
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-17-2006, 4:22 PM Reply   
Niners played with energy and looked decent for the second week in a row. This may take more then just 1/2 a season to settle. Congrats on the Niner win Derby.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-17-2006, 5:18 PM Reply   
Three reasons......

1. I broke 4 absolute molds in the last season, including two in the last month.

2. One of those boards was a buddies who loanded me it while i was boardless after breaking the last one, so after this most recent break I am now boardless and still OWE him one!

3. One month after purchasin my boat this season, I blew up the motor and cant afford to replace it......and breaking boards isnt helping!!!!!!!!!!

End rant, give it to someone who deserves it more though.
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-17-2006, 5:24 PM Reply   
Riley deserves my vote.
Old    live2wakeboard            09-17-2006, 5:37 PM Reply   
Riley Riley Riley Riley!! If i could afford to give away a board at this point! I would send it to him and pay shipping!!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-17-2006, 5:44 PM Reply   
Riley, dont you have era bindings and an older premier or belmont or something?

I also remember you recently asking about which LF to buy?
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-17-2006, 6:57 PM Reply   
Anyone need a 2004 138 Blindside Blade w/ 2004 L Doubleup Krank bindings?

Kylie I'll deliver it for Joe if you want.

Riley sounds like a just cause. Remember we got a lot of football left. Let's see some legit reasons for Joe handing over the goods.

20-13 baby!

Upload

One win down...One win to go Biatch!!!
Upload
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-17-2006, 7:01 PM Reply   
Oh yeah...any doubters should remember it just the same Ol' Rams when staring down the Red and Gold.

Yeaha!
Old     (rileyg)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-17-2006, 7:12 PM Reply   
Mike,

I was asking about that for my friend Bryan. Thats the wakeboard that I have ridden before. He doesn;t have an account so I posted the question on here for him. Just to clarify.
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-17-2006, 8:35 PM Reply   
My Red Storm is back in action. DOn't want to have premature hopes and dreams, but man they are looking like a decent team again. Last week, they put up a good fight against a talented team and almost had a shot to take it into OT, and today they fought hard and made some good plays to beat down the Rams. Well anyways I'm a diehard Niner fan and can't help but get just a lil excited about things so far.

ANd yeah, RIley seems to be most deserving!
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-18-2006, 6:11 AM Reply   
BK,
Are you referring to the Cardinals as a talented team? Oh, I forgot you are a Niner fan.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-18-2006, 6:30 AM Reply   
Derby - wow ... thanks for the offer! Here's my address:

(You DO have the special decoder ring, don't you???)
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-18-2006, 7:31 AM Reply   
Screw the boards, let money talk! I got 5 on it...
Old    jolly_roger_wake            09-18-2006, 10:26 AM Reply   
i'd like a new board, but i don't deserve it anymore then riley does...

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/333636.html

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/363616.html

i've gotta call b.s. on riley. sorry!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-18-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
I saw those posts too, didnt quite want to call him out publicly, but I sniffed it too.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-18-2006, 10:41 AM Reply   
Busted! So Joe ... can I have that board now?
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-18-2006, 11:45 AM Reply   
What is up with these BS Sob Stories. Anyone who in too lazy get a summer job washing cars, mowing lawns, etc. to get a board shouldnt be given anything. Tell you what you should do, you should auction off the boards and give the money to a local charity, at least someone that really DESERVES help will get it...
Old     (rileyg)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-18-2006, 6:14 PM Reply   
Hahahahaha. Busted. Well it was worth a shot. I think my convincing story deserves it.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-18-2006, 6:18 PM Reply   
derby, please refrain from EVER giving the shocker sign, whether intentionally or unintentionally. otherwise, you lose by default.

it's ok, we'll win at home, then our better record will yield someone a setup from derby.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-18-2006, 6:20 PM Reply   
daniel, i'll invite you...there's no time limit on our bet. nothing was said as to when i invite you out. i'll invite you up once you get your head out of mac's ass!

i've just been really swamped w/ my "real" job, the chick flick, new house, etc. you'll get your invite man, with ww as our witness.
Old    flyhigh916            09-18-2006, 6:34 PM Reply   
Haha derby throwing the shocker

I need the board derby. I need to finish my wakeboard bench for my front porch and I only have one so far.. I need another :-(
Old     (sammm724centurion)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-18-2006, 6:37 PM Reply   
Look at my profile pic! I love the NINERS! I deserve the board!
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-19-2006, 10:35 AM Reply   
Joe, I'm just razzin' you man, I know I will.
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-19-2006, 12:23 PM Reply   
ill take it, i need a bigger board so when i teach my friends they can choose a bigger board with larger bindings rather then my 134.

its not soby but it is true. i probally got 8 people to learn to board/skate this summer
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-19-2006, 12:26 PM Reply   
"steve young + Jerry rice = best duo EVER. i love the niners."

You misspelled Joe Montana.
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-19-2006, 11:22 PM Reply   
What's a shocker sign Joe? Or I guess what's it suppose to mean?

I thought I was just showin' the one win. I'm not hip. I'm just another cracka from suburbia.

Do tell, I'd hate to get killed over a "one win" in the wrong area.

Would it be OK when I show the two wins? Heeahhaha

Also I forgot to mention the other part of the bet from the old thread. The loser, myself or Joe, has to change their profile pic to a head shot with the opposing teams hat on for one month. I just thought I'd throw that out there again seeing the original post dropped off.
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-19-2006, 11:37 PM Reply   
Kylie, I do have the ring. Thanks for keeping it on the DL. See you at 9!

...and yes it's Montana to Rice. However in a very close second Young to Rice.

ALso...were going to need a little more desperation from the prospective recipient. Else, it may have to go to some church group where they don't even have a boat. Maybe an Amish rider that gets pulled in a ditch by the oxen in between plowing the fields and tot'n the kids to town for Amish ice cream if they can have ice cream.

Outlandish claims should be accompanied with a photo....your photo.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-19-2006, 11:42 PM Reply   
the shocker sign (pinky up, ring finger down, middle and index finger up, then thumb down) is about the trashiest of trashy hand signs out there. roid freaks and hookers use the sign a lot. so take that into consideration. (and no, i'm not kidding!)

and yeah, it's going to be cool when you change your profile pic to you sportin' a rams hat! you can even pick it out, so you can pick out a cool looking rams hat. it can't be one w/ a red line across the team/logo, though.
Old     (noel)      Join Date: Dec 2001       09-20-2006, 12:03 AM Reply   
I don't need a board, just an excuse to post a classic.

Upload
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-20-2006, 12:28 AM Reply   
thanks noel. that sure does bring memories...of me actually knowing how to ride! haha!
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-20-2006, 7:33 AM Reply   
Roid freaks....hookers....huh, whatever.

That's good your optomizim just might keep you afloat until the next meeting. You can watch the records, you kind of have too now, but the rest of us know its over.

I'll send you a hat if you need one.

Let me know.

Nice photo by the way. I like it.
Old     (calcio)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-20-2006, 7:45 AM Reply   
My wife's little brother is in need of a board. He just graduated HS, going to college and cannot afford a board. He is a newb and has been trying the last two yrs, finally getting up this season. He has been using other peoples boards, but hates doing it. I think he would definitely appreciate it...
Old     (seansmitty42)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-20-2006, 1:26 PM Reply   
the real reason i want one is because they are cool boards. the reason i ride has nothing to do with material.

(Message edited by seansmitty42 on September 20, 2006)
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-20-2006, 5:17 PM Reply   
(sort of a hijack) the 49ers will surprise A LOT of people this year and here is why:

1) Frank Gore is a BEAST, he never stops running.
2) Alex Smith is improving by the second
3) Our O-line has improved drastically
4) Vernon Davis is also a BEAST
5) We signed Antonio Bryant

So the board will be a free-motion board
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-20-2006, 6:04 PM Reply   
Who would win in a fight, Ditka or God?!!!!
Old     (marshk344)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-20-2006, 7:26 PM Reply   
i think that the 49ers are the best team in the NFL