Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (phil_deez)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-19-2005, 12:22 PM Reply   
What are your thoughts when comparing the Liquid Force Bindings - The Team, Transit, and Sphynx? Which one do you like better and why?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-19-2005, 1:09 PM Reply   
Just got the '05 transits and they're sweet. I can put them on without lube, they come off really easy and never caused any type of discomfort when riding. I'm used to having the break bindings in, but these are sweet right out of the box. We'll see how they hold up.

Unfortunately I don't have infor on the other bindings. I would say, buy looking at the designs that the only difference will be stiffness, with the transits being in the middle, sphynx being the most flexible and the teams being the stiffest. Depends on your preference.

I'd make up my mind on color, because one wont make you ride any better than the other.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-20-2005, 8:53 PM Reply   
mu ultras are a year old and I'm happy with them. They did take some break-in time. quite a bit actually, now they're great. also heard great things about transits. I may need a pair...
Old    wakeboarder408            01-20-2005, 9:04 PM Reply   
Nachos, i got an 04' pair of Transits in a Med if you're interested. Its in excellent shape other than a couple of paint chips on the left baseplate.
Old     (erik)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-21-2005, 5:55 AM Reply   
i had several pairs of ultras and they were very comfortable, however they did break easily. The footbed would come loose and out of place. Liquid Force warranty dept was very difficult to deal with. Of the 3 pairs I had, they did not fix any. Will never go back... There boards break easily too! (At least my 2 trips) i have a friend that tore his transits at the base of the overlay too.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-21-2005, 7:04 AM Reply   
I've had the 05 transits since october 04 and they are awesome. I also had a friend whose 04 transits tore in the same place. By comparison it looks like they have redesigned/re-enforced the area for 05

(Message edited by acurtis_ttu on January 21, 2005)
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       01-21-2005, 7:55 AM Reply   
I can second Evan's take on the bindings. The Sphynx are going to allow the most flexibility. The Transit will be a little stiffer, and the Team will be the stiffest of all of them. The lacing system on the Team is really nice. By loosening the back lace all the way, it's easy to open up/squash down the back part of the binding to easily get your foot in, even though the upper part of the binding is stiffer than the other two. Each person has their personal preference, but I find the Transit and Team to be the most comfortable, and plan on riding Transits this year.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old     (cs1094)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-21-2005, 8:53 AM Reply   
I like my HL Byerly's that I have now from a year ago, but the quality sucks. I liked the support, stiffness, etc. Does anyone know if it is an ok move to hit up a pair of teams?
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       01-21-2005, 9:24 AM Reply   
I'm a dealer, so you can take what I say for what it's worth. The Team looks like it's going to really be durable. Like Adam mentioned above, Liquid Force had a little trouble with the Transits ripping out on the side up by your toes. All the F.A.S.T. system bindings have updated hardware this year, and shouldn't have any more problems with that. On top of that, the Teams are super comfortable, and very easy to cinch down both front and rear to fit you the way you want them to.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old     (phil_deez)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-26-2005, 1:52 PM Reply   
I really appreciate all the info - it helps out a lot. How would you say the Sphynx/Transits/Team bindings compare to the 03/04 Parks bindings (these are what I have been mostly riding)?
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-26-2005, 2:18 PM Reply   
Phil ~ I used to ride the 02/03 Parks. I got a pair of Zeus for Christmas, but just traded them in for a pair of Teams. Like Mike said the lacing system looks awesome. The reason I got the Team over the Transit is the rear entry. The Transits were very nice as well, but if you are coming from the Parks (and you really liked them) I would not recommend the Sphinx.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-26-2005, 2:55 PM Reply   
I've got both the '04 parks and the '05 transits and would say they are different bindings, but I like them both. I wouldn't say one is better than the other, but I'd say they fit differently. Definitely try bindings on first to see what fits. I agree with Bug: The Sphynx will most likely feel the most similar to the Parks bindings as far as flex goes, but the rest of the bindings, interior material, and footbed will feel different. I really like the way the Sphynx lace better than the Parks. I'm always having trouble getting the top of my foot tight with the Parks.