Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-09-2009, 2:53 PM Reply   
Upload

Upload

wow
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-09-2009, 3:20 PM Reply   
I think people get far too concerned about dumb things. And by the way, if you haven't seen Global Warning yet you are missing out!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-09-2009, 3:25 PM Reply   
Whatever. It's an original production. I doubt they put in all that hard work, but decided to copy a cover at the end. If you watch the video, you'll understand how the cover ties in.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       07-09-2009, 3:32 PM Reply   
Global Warning is playing tonight at the Liquid Playground in San Jose
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-09-2009, 3:35 PM Reply   
Are you talking about the fact that they're all wearing orange life preservers? If that's the case, you'd better call out Shaun Murray's Detention 2012 as well. In fact, that puts Shaun Murray smack dab in the middle of this blatant copyright infringement, not once, but twice. Coincidence? I think not!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-09-2009, 3:43 PM Reply   
Global Warning blows N.A.R.L.A away and the Cover is better as well.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-09-2009, 3:44 PM Reply   
They are also both wearing Captain hats Dave, the end must be coming.
Old     (ufobw)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-09-2009, 3:51 PM Reply   
Upload

Safety first! NARLA is clearly missing a boat, an alligator, some clouds & waves, a blown up microwave, snazzy red curtains, and a reg & switch 10 by rathy.

Is it 5 pm yet?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-09-2009, 5:47 PM Reply   
NARLA FTW!

narla also had the green screen with the cut out waves in front during the intro.

Global Warning trying to be like NARLA, and Box of Fun trying to be like Esoteric and Fun Boots. Im glad wakeboarders are loosening up and not being as serious.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-09-2009, 9:55 PM Reply   
A little off topic but does Murray have a section in Rewritten? I'm assuming he does since its a Hype vid... and 2 new video sections a couple weeks apart is pretty sick!
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-09-2009, 11:09 PM Reply   
I can gaurantee that when the Box of fun video was being made they weren't looking at esoteric or fun boots. As a matter of fact Box of fun was already more than half way into production and advertising before fun boots was even concieved. I also highly doubt the guys working on Global warning remebered or even saw the N.A.R.L.A cover.
All these videos are great and everyone should buy one of each to help support the sport you all enjoy and help keep these films coming.
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-10-2009, 5:14 AM Reply   
RoddyRod, I haven't seen ReWritten yet but if you google "Shaun Murray Bull Shoals video" you can find a teaser of some of the footage they shot on the Hyperlite team trip which presumably is a part of ReWritten-watch out for that tree.
Old     (hyperlite4life)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-11-2009, 3:23 PM Reply   
Jeff,Global Warning blows N.A.R.L.A away and the Cover is better as well.

That is a bold statment. And i completely disagree with you.
Narla is Legit. you probably dont wakeskate
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-12-2009, 7:19 AM Reply   
I do a little wakeskateing and have many friends that only wakeskate.
I never said N.A.R.L.A. wasn't legit, it was for sure, but Global Warning is a much better DVD IMO.

Have you even seen Global Warning Ben.
Old     (hyperlite4life)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-12-2009, 1:57 PM Reply   
Yeah I saw global warning why else would I say it sucks?