Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (mrboston187)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-28-2008, 7:33 PM Reply   
whaddaya think dudes
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-28-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
I haven't ridden Factions, but I have ridden Alphas and I think (my personal opinion) that there are a lot better bindings out there than Alphas. The Transit is a great binding, and you can pick up last years model pretty cheap. Shanes and Watsons would other good choices. Some guys in my crew have ridden Factions and they really like the boot, they have also ridden my Alphas and preferred the Faction, which I think is a higher end binding compared to the Alpha. Good luck in your choice, if you have a pro shop, drop by and try some on.
Old     (kid_a)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-28-2008, 10:27 PM Reply   
Factions by far. more comfy and hold your heel down very well. Factions are also very very easy to get into. Alphas to me have very little support and feel pretty scary to ride in.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-28-2008, 11:31 PM Reply   
im not sure if you guys are talking about 08 alphas because they are way better then alphas of the past. they are basically like the sphnyx boots from last year but with a bit more support.

the factions and alphas are very comparable this year. both are extremly easy to get in to as well.
Old     (mrboston187)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-28-2008, 11:53 PM Reply   
im talkin 2008 of both models
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-29-2008, 6:53 AM Reply   
Factions!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old     (rpayer)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-29-2008, 8:00 AM Reply   
Faction
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-29-2008, 8:06 AM Reply   
Faction FTW
Old     (mrboston187)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-29-2008, 8:23 AM Reply   
so i think its a close decision here, i was actually leaning towards the factions to begin with, but i just wanted some input from someone other than the boardshop guy, he was sayin LF was his personal preference
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-29-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
Plus the Factions have the hinge which is soo sweet.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-29-2008, 10:35 AM Reply   
The 08 Factions are one of the best boots for the money IMO, you get a great binding at a great price.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-29-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
The customers that have come through my shop have all had an easier time getting into the Alpha than the Faction. I know that might not sit to well with some hinge tech lovers, but that's my observation. Both are great bindings for the money and I don't think you're gonna go wrong with either.
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-29-2008, 3:13 PM Reply   
I have both. But I use the Alpha's, the girlfriend uses the Factions... as I prefer the fit of the Alpha's and she prefers the hinge. The Alpha's are sweet this year, new heel kidneys and tons of support... more than past years'. I think some of you may be referring to the past models, as this years' Alpha's are actually stiffer than the Transits.
Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-29-2008, 7:32 PM Reply   
Im used to my lf sphynx and they look very similar to the lf alpha. Ive demoed some factions at a wakeboard school and I didn't like them. I got used to them after a set and I started to think that they werent so bad but when I went back to my binding I felt like I was sticking my foot into a pillow and still felt just as locked down as well.