Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-17-2013, 3:27 PM Reply   
I finally completed this project. 2001 Sunsetter VLX.

The stereo equipment:
- Alpine iDA-X100M head unit
- Alpine PXA-H100 Imprint sound processor
- Alpine KCA-SC100 Sirius Tuner
- Sirius SCVDOC1 portable tuner dock
- Alpine MC10 transom remote + additional MC1 remote
- Alpine RUE-M1RF floating remote
- Polk D4000.4 amp running @ 125x4 RMS (feeding tower speakers)
- Polk D5000.5 amp running @ 90x4 RMS for inboats / 400x1 RMS for sub
- Polk MM651 in-boats (2 pair)
- Exile SXT65Q tower speakers (2 pair)
- Exile SX12D subwoofer

The other stuff to make the above work:
- Two Deka group 34m batteries
- Blue Sea Add-A-Battery kit
- Cabela's labled ProMariner ProSport 20 on-board charger (dual battery 20 amp model)
- Blu-Sea ground buss bar
- Stinger power distribution block
- Ported sub box, Rhino lined
- Amp rack I made out of 1/2" King Starboard
- 2/0 wire feeding from motor to power distribution and from batteries to power distro.
- All speaker wire ran in 12awg wire
- All new power wiring for anything that touches audio
- Metra under-dash kit for head unit

The system sounds really good, though I've only heard it in my garage at this point. Clean/crisp, good mid-bass...I'm happy with it. Still have plenty of tuning to do, plus I need to buy the microphone and software for the Imprint box so I can see how well it can really tune. I will say for anyone with an Alpine head unit the Imprint box is a must to get decent EQ controls even if you don't want the software tuning for it. Stereo stuff is powered by one battery and the rest of the boat on the other so no worries of a dead battery on the water.

Here are the batteries; both fit under the observer seat (factory was a single battery fed by 2 AWG in the port locker). I set this up so the positive terminals are inaccessible and also have battery terminal covers. It is secured with a hold down strap and two battery cleats. One battery feeds anything stereo related and the other feeds the rest of the boat. Don't mind the ballast hose - that is being relocated on my next project:

Amp rack with amps and power goodies.

Head unit relocation. Malibu for many years put the head unit under the driver's armrest...a very poor spot to place it. I also relocated the heater tube further out to clear the box and be in a more useful spot.

It took a bunch of work, but I was able to get my Sirius dock and portable tuner to fit under the armrest where the head unit was once located. I really need to find a new plastic insert as the one I have is a bit bent up on the top. I also have additional space to add more switches if needed. It barely fits.

My sub. No speaker grill yet - Exile is going to be offering it at the end of the month for this sub and will be sending me one free.

Polk MM651 on the dash. Fits nicely.

Tower speakers (picture is from last year)

Everything together on the dash

In-boat remote I just did (cord hanging down is the plug for the on-board charger):

Transom remote (pic from last year):

Next project - RGB LED's everywhere.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-17-2013, 8:37 PM Reply   
Nice install, everything looks great. I am sure that is going to rock on the water....
Old     (QuickVR4)      Join Date: May 2012       04-18-2013, 10:52 AM Reply   
Good work!!!
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-18-2013, 2:25 PM Reply   
Looks Great Nitro - Nice clean install work. Should sound great out on the water!

-Brian
Exile Audio
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-18-2013, 6:17 PM Reply   
Looks good nitrous.

On a side note my local Alpine shop said Alpine is pulling their marine line and is discontinuing all its current stuff with no plans of coming out with replacement marine gear. Wasn't sure if you knew. May want to stock an extra mc20/mc1/ floating rf " just in case" for down the road.

Last edited by xstarrider; 04-18-2013 at 6:20 PM.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-19-2013, 9:11 AM Reply   
Swatguy,
Thanks for the info. I am going to pick up a couple extra remotes.