Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (azsufer)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-26-2004, 2:27 PM Reply   
Special Thanks to my buddy BRAD PEPE for letting us raid his houseboat up at Bartlett (Phoenix) over the weekend. A group of us from down in Tucson, including PRO Riders Ian and Ty Udell met up with one of the sickest riders, Brian Francis and some photographers from Alliance Wakboard Mag. Needless to say it was a weekend of partying and wakeboarding.

The Udells and Francis are some of the most down to earth guys I have ever met and props to the photographers who took some beatings in the tube to get some great photos. Not to mention, the houseboat with a jacuzzi and kegerator on the top deck led to some wild nights.

Thans for the good times guys, lets do it again soon.

DILLS
Old     (isler)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-27-2004, 12:30 PM Reply   
Kyle,

It was a sweet weekend! Houseboat was incredible... 2 kegs, 280 cans of beer, and like 12 people. It was a good time. Garrett and I got some great photos of the whole trip as well.

We'll have to get back out to Bartlett sometime in the near future!

Mike Isler
Old     (garrett_cortese)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-27-2004, 1:34 PM Reply   
It was a sick weekend, although my good friend Mike Isler was a little off with his calculations. One night we had 28 18-packs of Bud Light, Coors Light, and Miller Light (I thought I'd died and gone to heaven). As we all know, 28x18=504. The best part? It all fit perfectly inside one of the carts you normally use to transport gear to and from cars and houseboats.

Many, many thanks to Brad for opening up his houseboat to us. Thanks to the Udells for setting up a killer weekend of wakeboarding fun and debauchery. Thanks to everybody who came and rode, drank, and provided me with some sweet shots. And another thanks to Hahn for coming out in the AM and driving Knott to the airport.

I can't wait to get back to Bartlett.

Oh, and thanks to all the Arizonians who decided not to come ride that weekend and leaving the lake all to us.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-27-2004, 1:40 PM Reply   
Lets see the pics.
Old     (zee)      Join Date: May 2001       10-27-2004, 5:24 PM Reply   
Yeah, that houseboat/dock setup you guys had goin' on was sweet. Chris and I enjoyed meeting up with ya, thanks for the hospitality. Too bad our boat had to break down in the marina, going home that night, heh.
Old     (azsufer)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-27-2004, 6:35 PM Reply   
Garrett/MIke, you guys were a pleasure to hang out with! Agreed, we need to get together and do that again sometime. Luckily Arizona is warm enough to ride pretty much all year long, which means the possibilities are endless. I would like too see some of the photos taken from over the weekend.

Also, being that I am a journalism major and graduating in May, I am in the process of sending out some clips to many publications across the country. Could either of you give a name at ALLIANCE of someone that I would send a resume off too??

If possible you could send those pics to my email.
imdills35@yahoo.com

THANKS AGAIN for the awesome times

DILLS
Old     (isler)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-07-2004, 9:26 PM Reply   
I found the photo of all of us at the end of the weekend:

Group at Lake Bartlett! Photo: Steve Hahn

Photo: Steve Hahn

Thanks again for a great weekend guys.