Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (blindmnkee3)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-03-2007, 5:16 PM Reply   
I just did a search and couldn't find any topics about this boat so I thought I would start one up.

I rode in one of these for a week at Lake Powell this summer (I believe it was the GG edition) and I was pretty blown away. I'm curious why no one is talking about it, any thoughts?

Please no bashing, I'm just very curious what everything thinks compared to the "standard" XStar and VLX and such. What are some things you liked or didn't like about the Supra?

Just some things I really liked.
1) Seating and overall layout. Very nice with a full, permanent rear facing seat behind the driver. Lots of rear facing seating in this boat. Lots of room in general, of course, it is 24' long.
2) Wake with stock GG ballast. With the stock ballast and 4-5 people, the wake was massive and really kicked me around. I was used to my super steep 93 Sport Nautique wake with ~2400 lbs and basically no transition. The Supra seemed to be really thick and meaty with a smooth transition and a surprising lip. It was big enough that I was riding 10 ft out from normal and still landing way out in the flats.
3) The cargo bimini. I'm shocked that there haven't been other designs like this. This thing is sweet. Unlock two pins and you have access to store 2-3 more wakeboards or surfboards. It is completely out of the way. I also liked that it seemed taller than most bimini's. I'm 6'7" and didn't seem to notice ducking out of the way too much.

These are just a few of things I liked. I didn't mean for this to be such a long post. Any other comments or concerns other have had with this boat? Thanks

Adam
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-03-2007, 6:19 PM Reply   
I used a 2007 24SSV GGE all summer. Its definitely one of the best and most unappreciated boats/wakes out there. Pretty impressive when you can pull Worlds with stock ballast only.

(Message edited by Jon A on October 03, 2007)
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-03-2007, 9:18 PM Reply   
I got the opportunity to ride behind the 22SSV a few months ago (thanks Gary!) and I was super impressed. I have ridden most of the top boats and it is one of my favourite all round packages for sure.
Old     (want2ridealot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-03-2007, 9:22 PM Reply   
I rode a 06 at the WWC with stock ballast plus like 600 sac in the walkway and one in the bow. One of the best wakes I have ever ridden behind hands down. I haven't seen any wake pics of them on here someone should post some.
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-04-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
I have an 06 and we love it. Plenty of power, great wake for all levels (personally I thought it was pretty good with no extra ballast for us novice riders), and very family friendly. The storage is great for a day out with 3 kids.

For the Midwest reunion my boat was used to pull Ben Greenwood. We had the bags full and 9 people in the boat. The wake looked huge.
Old     (blindmnkee3)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-04-2007, 8:32 AM Reply   
Does anyone know if they've made any hull changes on the SSV in the last few years? And how different is the wake between the 24SSV and the 22SSV? I'm thinking of upgrading but I'm not sure if I can swing a newer 07.

What happened to all the Supra guys on here? Maybe I'll have to hit up the Dallas message boards, I know there are a few there.

If anyone has pics of SSV wakes, especially the 24SSV I'd love to see it. I'll see f I can drag up some video from Powell this year behind the 07.
Old     (cdtex14)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-04-2007, 8:41 AM Reply   
The 07 SSV is a new hull from the 06... I'm in a 21V and love it.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-04-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
i know it was the same up unitl 06 for sure... the 06' 24ssv has the same hull as the 22ssv -- except it is extended on either side and well in the rear.....

the 24ssv throws one heck of a wake when loaded.. nice and clean too...only thing i didn't like is it handled like a big boat --way to big for our needs....
Old     (cdtex14)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-04-2007, 8:50 AM Reply   
to clarify, I the '07 22 SSV hull is new. I'm not sure about he 24 but I don't think it's changed in the last the couple of years.
Old     (atx_supra_ssv)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-04-2007, 12:24 PM Reply   
I have an 07 22ssv and love it. I looked at an 05 24ssv with only 40 hours and an 05 Malibu 23LSV and opted for the new Supra 22. Everyone that has ridden behind the boat has been stoked by the wake. It has tons of storage and leg room as well. Supra is doing a great job with their new boats. Not to mention, South Austin Marine gives incredible service. I will see about some wake pics when we ride tomorrow a.m.
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-04-2007, 12:52 PM Reply   
Here is a wake pic from an article on alliancewake.com about the supra boats team riders trip to Ireland. They were riding an 07 24GG.

Upload

The article is http://alliancewake.com/article_details.php?id=3061&page=1
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-04-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
Adam - You still wakeboard?? I know of a Chaparral in good condition if you need a new boat!
Old     (seminolepride991)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-04-2007, 2:12 PM Reply   
I own a 07 22SSV and love it..was out in it the other day with just one other buddy, filled up all the ballast and still had a great wake to ride on...and this is a video from Wake the Lake. the boat is a 24SSV with i believe just the stock ballast and maybe 6 people in the boat http://youtube.com/watch?v=tRJ8c9Agg7I and this is the double ups behind the 24SSV http://youtube.com/watch?v=yARyQZp8lgc&mode=related&search=
Old     (blindmnkee3)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-04-2007, 3:21 PM Reply   
Kameron, Thanks! I have seen that before but I didn't realize it was 24SSV. That Adam Fields dude doesn't go very big though, he needs to step it up

Ahhh the Chaparral, good times. I thought you woulda dumped it when you picked up the new Bu. I'm missing Tejas about now, its been raining for 4 straight days. Last Saturday - Water 53, Air 55. Gettin chilly!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-04-2007, 6:16 PM Reply   
Yeah, the Chappy is gone. We "upgraded" to a Malibu LSV. :-) Give me a shout if you come back to the Big D one of these days.