Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (nautiboy614)      Join Date: Dec 2010       06-13-2012, 6:49 AM Reply   
We came up with a little ideal, We made some scorpion stickers & mousetrap stickers for our local riders. The rules are that everyone on the boat has to determine if the wreck was worthy of a sticker, much like a football player getting helmet stickers. any thoughts??
Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-13-2012, 6:58 AM Reply   
What is a mousetrap?

I think I deserve a scorpion sticker. I caught an edge so hard trying to save a scarecrow landing last week that I got a black eye from the faceplant and and a cracked rib from the scorpion.

I like the idea though, it could be a good way to calm the nerves of newbies who are too embarrased to ride around other folks when they are starting out.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-13-2012, 7:25 AM Reply   
What about one for snapped ACL's? There's a few of us on here that would earn that.
Old     (nautiboy614)      Join Date: Dec 2010       06-13-2012, 7:45 AM Reply   
Mousetrap......you know how newbies have there board Parallel to the boat and catch there front edge and get snapped forward.....like a moustrap.....slam!!
The_fish......sounds like you earned a scorpion sticker!!!
kristian - maybe we should make a broken bone sticker.....that's definitely a proud sticker to display!
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-13-2012, 7:48 AM Reply   
Blown knees should earn you a purple heart sticker - guess I need to go find two for myself.
Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-13-2012, 8:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautiboy614 View Post
Mousetrap......you know how newbies have there board Parallel to the boat and catch there front edge and get snapped forward.....like a moustrap.....slam!!
The_fish......sounds like you earned a scorpion sticker!!!
kristian - maybe we should make a broken bone sticker.....that's definitely a proud sticker to display!
haha thats awesome. Yeah the weird thing is it is a back rib that cracked because my back hyperextended so far and it cracked horizontally instead of vertical. Doc said he had never seen that before... so I got that going for me (Caddyshack)
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-13-2012, 12:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
That sounds exactly like a scorpion to me. Good idea though. Sticker up your board the coolest way possible.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-13-2012, 7:57 AM Reply   
Back in college, We had the rule that the first one to get wrecked on a rail got to name it.

My favorite was Tony Romo. My buddy taco-ed the full length of it. Hence, "Tony Romos: A Great Place for Ribs"

And don't forget: Wesley Pipes, Pablo Escabar and Erica (She was just some mean chick a buddy dated).
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-13-2012, 9:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
We came up with a little ideal, We made some scorpion stickers & mousetrap stickers for our local riders. The rules are that everyone on the boat has to determine if the wreck was worthy of a sticker, much like a football player getting helmet stickers. any thoughts??
How big are the stickers? Are you going to give out multiple mouse traps for multiple faceplants? I think that we need some pics.
Old     (nautiboy614)      Join Date: Dec 2010       06-13-2012, 10:04 AM Reply   
We have played around with different sizes, I am having one of my shop guys post a pic here when he gets a chance.
We purchased a vinyl die cut machine so we can make any size and color. If you take a worthy digger and everyone on the boat agrees you earned it, we will give em one.
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-13-2012, 10:50 AM Reply   
One of the most out of the box thoughts I have seen on WW in a while. Very cool guys! Keep it up, and I will try like hell to not get any stickers!!
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       06-13-2012, 12:50 PM Reply   
Awesome idea! I can't wait to start earning some "battle scars"

reminds me of this video...

from Ioda Media on Vimeo.

Old     (sciotowake)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-14-2012, 11:54 AM Reply   
Some would say that I am the Scorpion King -- that is still left to be decided. I ride aggressive and take some nasty diggers. I broke my Marek this year unfortunately, but not after I racked up some "badges of honor" AKA Scorpions. Check it out!
Attached Images

Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-14-2012, 12:14 PM Reply   
Make a shovel sticker for diggers
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-14-2012, 1:13 PM Reply   
Jim, you should offer those up for sale...I'd buy a set for my bros
Old     (nautiboy614)      Join Date: Dec 2010       06-18-2012, 6:10 AM Reply   
That's a good ideal, If we did sell them, how much would you charge? I am more about promoting wakeboarding and hooking people up. It basically cost us about 20 cents a sticker.....labor + material to make them.
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-20-2012, 8:36 PM Reply   
Most retail doubles their cost.
If you came up with a package of 10 for $4, sounds reasonable
I'll pm you
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-20-2012, 9:24 PM Reply   
yep. I'll buy some for sure
Old     (nautiboy614)      Join Date: Dec 2010       06-21-2012, 8:22 AM Reply   
Thanks guys for the input, my shop is only in its 2nd year and its a lot of learning on the fly!! so 25 random color Scorpion stickers for $10. Thanks!
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-21-2012, 8:54 AM Reply   
Pm me when they're ready I'll buy a few
Old     (nautiboy614)      Join Date: Dec 2010       06-22-2012, 6:18 AM Reply   
we just purchased a new machine, should have stickers by end of next week, will keep you all posted.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-22-2012, 8:51 AM Reply   
here are some on the net.
Scorpions

http://www.zazzle.com/scorpion+stickers

Mouse Traps
The first one would be funny.
http://www.zazzle.com/mouse+trap+stickers
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-24-2012, 10:41 PM Reply   
That's funny I do something like this for my boat. I had little cartoon skull and bones stickers made that I put on my driver side window every time time someone eats it hard. Kinda like a fighter pilot does. Only K.O.s, drawing blood or getting seriously broken off qualifies for a sticker. It's funny, now anytime someone bails hard the 1st question is...Do I get a sticker for that one?! Hahaha.

Last edited by trio; 06-24-2012 at 10:48 PM. Reason: typo
Old     (nautiboy614)      Join Date: Dec 2010       07-03-2012, 6:41 AM Reply   
We just got the machine up and running last night. PM me if anyone wants any and we will get em out to you. Thanks - Jim
Old    riktayvious            07-03-2012, 10:29 AM Reply   
As one of Jim's employee's -- I handle just about all sticker productions. Feel free to email me as well if you want to place an order for set of Scorpion Stickers. Additionally, we also do custom sticker work too for a variety of projects. Just let us know!

my email: ridgway.drew@gmail.com

alternate email: info@sciotoboardshop.com