Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-05-2008, 6:53 PM Reply   
OK so tomorrow I am going to be riding behind a wakeboarding boat for the first time ever. I have riden behind just your standard I/o for the past 2 years. I was wondering what I should expect. like what are the things I will notice the most while riding tomorrow?
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-05-2008, 6:55 PM Reply   
More consistent speed is one difference I have seen. There may be a difference in the size/shape of the wake, but also in the firmness of the wake. Take some time carving and looking at the wake, then a few warms ups and after that it will be all downhill.
Old     (dppaneig)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-05-2008, 7:03 PM Reply   
I started on a ski/fishing boat with added weight, we would have to cut way out and hit the wake hard to get distance and air. I went behind an X-Star for the first time a few years back. On my first time cutting out I cut out like I was on my boat and hit it hard and launched a huge wake to wake. I sold my boat.

Expect to spend some money.
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-05-2008, 10:12 PM Reply   
It will feel like you're getting boosted when you first get up! My first year was behind an I/O then bought my v-drive. The first thing I noticed is the pull up and out is like no other. giddyup and go!
Old    alanp            06-05-2008, 11:33 PM Reply   
have fun and take a few small cuts into the wake. youre probably going to get booted much higher and it may be a little uncontrollable at first. have fun. i remember getting my first pull on a wakeboat and it was an eye opening experience, treat the owner well and try to get yourself and invite back
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-06-2008, 6:46 AM Reply   
DON'T CHARGE THE WAKE LIKE YOU ARE USED TO!!! Feel the wake out first, otherwise you are in for the ride of your life the first time you hit a big wake. Enjoy