Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    ellisj3            02-15-2003, 1:51 PM Reply   
I've come across a pretty good deal on a 2002 Launch that was used as a demo a few times (<20 hrs.). Its being sold as NEW but with significant discount. I've also looked at a Mobius LSV but am an average wakeboarder at best so I don't think a V-drive is absolutely a must for me (especially with the 800-900 lbs. factory ballast and wakeplate that come on the boat). Can anyone share some Supra personal experiences (with this boat or any Supra) and am I better off with the Supra direct drive over a Moomba V-drive? Thanks, everyone.
Old    sunsetterlxi            02-15-2003, 3:56 PM Reply   
THIS IS JUST AN OPINION. I feel that the Supra line is just a "cut" above the Moomba line. It would be like comparing Chevrolet to Cadillac or Ford to Lincoln. They are made by the same company, but I think a little more quality components and materials and therefore final product are present in the Supra line. This would also help the resale value in the long run too. Just check out NADA guides and see. I would ride behind both, that is the true test and with the Supra having 20 hours already, the dealer should have no problem with that.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-15-2003, 4:31 PM Reply   
I agree with Tim's examples, that is exactly the way I see the two companies. Supra just puts the boat together a little nicer with a little fancier touches. They are both quality boats. I have had friends with both boats and they were all happy with them. I have a friend with a Launch SSV and it's a sweet boat.
Old    pimpdaddygrady            02-15-2003, 8:57 PM Reply   
supra and mobius...just like tim said...like chevys and caddys...their boats r both excellent and skiers choice is an awesome company as well. if u could get a better price for the lsv then thats the way i would go just becuz its a vdrive...we have a 02 supra launch d drive and we love it. so either way ur gonna b happy ;)
Old    ellisj3            02-17-2003, 6:09 AM Reply   
Thanks everyone.
Old     (bjbatch)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-17-2003, 11:22 AM Reply   
I think you would be fine with either boat. Supras and Moombas are essentially similar boats structurally, but the Supra's come loaded with all the options. Since the Supra is deeply discounted, that is the way I would go. You will love the DD for its handling and performance. My DD throws an awesome wake, certainly more than enough for my wakeboarding (or most wakeboarders for that matter). The DD also offers the advantage of a better ski wake if you or any friends later want to ski as well as wakeboard.
Old    oldschool            02-17-2003, 12:55 PM Reply   
I had the same dilema, I chose the Supra because it has deeper walls. The choppy water around here doesn't affect the Launch at all.
Old    spencer            02-17-2003, 3:02 PM Reply   
i just got a promo deal with a supra moomba dealer and had my choice of boat i went with a 2003 supra launch load out except lights can't board after dark. the reason i went with this boat is the resell and it some much more nicer. i think you would be really happy with the supra.i'll post a pic. on my profile this week.
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-19-2003, 3:29 PM Reply   
For a direct drive the Launch has the deepest hull on the market, and throws a great wake with a ton of room and lots of killer storage in the playpen.
Old    coachsambo            02-19-2003, 5:44 PM Reply   
I really like my 2001 supra launch DD. Never a problem and with weight a huge wake.
Old    bcw            03-07-2003, 4:15 PM Reply   
As far as the quality of the two boats, they are almost identical. They go down the same line at the manufacturer using predominately the same components. Where Moomba cuts cost is in the creature comfort area. Its interior isn't quite as plush as the Supra's. They use a different stitch pattern for look, and they come standard with less options then the Supra. But as far as quality of boat... they are both top notch. If they is anything else I can answer for you get in touch with me via email at ClubRoyale@ClubRoyale.net or by phone (248)681-9100. Hope I helped

Brett Watson
Club Royale Marina
Old     (lehmur)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-07-2003, 4:27 PM Reply   
I purchased a new 2002 Launch a month ago and have nothing but good things to say about it. I also got a great deal as the boat had been on the lot for a while. It came pretty much loaded for a great price. I have been out several weekends already and can tell you it rides great and throws a GREAT wake with factory ballast and a sack on each side of the engine. One of my friends who planned on getting a V-Drive as his next boat says now that he might just get a Launch. It's nice to have a roomy boat that throws a great wake and gives you all the handling of the DD. The Moombas are great and still quality boats, but I think the Supra is a cut above when it comes to the options and little things you get.