Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (rocket_scientist)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-22-2007, 11:20 PM Reply   
I replaced the impeller on my Sanger V210 factory Wake Series front ballast system. Not it does not have suction in or out. I checked the hoses and they are clear. The motor runs in both directions. With the motor cover off, I can see the impeller turn in both directions. I primed the pump with water and it blew out the water but would not continue to pump. I did not use any lubricant on the impeller. I'm running out of ideas. Any suggestions??

Thanks John
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-23-2007, 5:42 PM Reply   
What year V210? Try replacing the whole pump assembly. Mine on my 06 are only $40 for the entire pump...
Old     (rocket_scientist)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-23-2007, 9:30 PM Reply   
2002 V210 with 350 Mag MPI. The ballast pump is up under the dashboard. I don't know the price of pump and motor assembly. They come apart but then I would have the have assembly problem I have now. The new impeller cost $35 for a 1" impeller. It seemed like a rip. The engine-make up water pump impeller that is much bigger is also about $35.
Old     (kcampos)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-24-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
I have an 05 V210 and they put those pumps under the floor. That's strange that the pump is under the dash board
Old     (rocket_scientist)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-24-2007, 10:37 AM Reply   
I think the idea is that mounted high under the dask the pump will not siphon in or out on its own. It certainly is a pain to work on, especially since my sound system and woofer are also mounted there.
Old     (kcampos)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-24-2007, 10:55 AM Reply   
That was my thought, who is putting the pump by the stereo system. Seems strange to me. I agree with Sparky I would just try to replace the entire pump. Seems like an easier and less stressful fix