Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old    rjva            08-10-2004, 9:17 AM Reply   
Hi all. Anybody every seen a Jetdock in action? Looks like it will work with an inboard. Check out the link below.

http://www.jetdock.com/pages/lift.asp?ID=SKI767000

(Message edited by rjva on August 10, 2004)
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-10-2004, 9:27 AM Reply   
I just think of burned feet when I see that dock. The engineers must be from Canada!
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-10-2004, 10:10 AM Reply   
I still don't understand how you get a large boat off the dock - do you push it off?? That sounds pretty difficult...
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       08-10-2004, 10:14 AM Reply   
WEIRD!
Old    rjva            08-10-2004, 10:29 AM Reply   
According to the Jetdock, you simply power it off like a trailer. They said for inboards, there is a winch system to get it completely on and off the dock.
Old    smacdaddy            09-09-2004, 11:06 AM Reply   
Actually, the reverse-winch lets your boat out to a set point, convenient for the driver to get on board, start her up, then give a little wiggle and the boat launches itself out. To get it up? you drive right on - about 85% of the way - and a few quick winches to bed it for the night. or leave it as is, have a burger with the kids then take your craft out for another spin with the family or with the boys. See www.jetdock.ca for some pics of ones we installed in Canada.
Some were installed at 12 - 18 C but most went in the full 30C sunshine of the Northern Ontario summer. All are going to winter in the water, sitting safely up on top of the ice. We always advise water shoes be worn for those hot-hot days, on the craft and on the dock.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-09-2004, 4:17 PM Reply   
That dock would work fine for i/os outboards, but if you notice the water pickup would not be in the water once you start driving the inboard on it.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-09-2004, 4:46 PM Reply   
My grandpa has one for his I/O and it seems like a great idea but there are a few things that I don't like about it. One, the black color is unbearable in the summer without flip flops or shoes. Two, it has put very minor scuffs on the hull of the boat when you are driving on because you basically nose all the way to the dock and then just power up and on it. Three, the winch ropes wore out in a year because the the constant tension on them and being in the sun for a summer. I think that it would be much harder to use for in inboard boat because we use the I/O prop that hangs off the back of the boat to reverse off when we are not 100% on the dock. I am not for sure how it has to be set up for an inboard, but I know the way ours is set up now, it would not work for an inboard. Hope this helps.
Andrew
Old    milo_lite            09-09-2004, 6:51 PM Reply   
the lake i ski on has one. As it can be seen on the pics, it is made of plastic. The on at oour lake breaks everywhere since it is mainly made out of hollow squares put together. Some times your foot goes through and plastic sometimes has sharp edges when it breaks and cuts your feet. It happened to me last week. Ofcoarse, the one here is a little old, but still. Good luck
Old    smacdaddy            09-13-2004, 2:59 PM Reply   
If it is actually a Jetdock and you were standing on it, you should let the owner know he has a lifetime warranty. The possibilities you describe of it breaking everywhere strongly suggest to me that it is not actually a Jetdock. Good skiiing.
Old    smacdaddy            09-13-2004, 3:14 PM Reply   
Andrew, if there is constant tension on the winch there should not be once the boat has been winched into place you should be able to ease it off, attach the lock (with slack) and leave it sitting up on top of the dock. It shouldn't need the winch to hold it in place.