Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    sandman            06-25-2002, 3:12 PM Reply   
How do the pros do those effortless 180's in the flats to get into position for their next jump. I feel like I have to jump the board up and down a couple of times (ollie) and lift the board way out of the water to spin it around. Sometimes eating it pretty hard.
Old    sickboy            06-25-2002, 4:50 PM Reply   
build some line tension first, then ollie and pull it around. Most of the time, I just let go with my trailing hand, and it brings me around.

mb
Old    chad_martin            06-27-2002, 11:12 AM Reply   
Definately don't do the bounce thing. That just teaches you to ollie wrong. Do what Mark said: Build some tension, but then flatten the board back out, then ollie, then let go with trailing hand. All in rapid succession.

With that said... Learning ollie 180's is cool and all, but even some of the pros do them waaaaay too much. Learn some stuff switch off the wake instead of having to do a 180 after every 180 or 540.
Old    gvmewake            06-28-2002, 8:06 PM Reply   
learn to ride switch better, it will make all your riding better, especially 180's.