Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (swrodgers)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-09-2006, 9:18 AM Reply   
We are looking to buy our first boat. We need a boat that will carry a large family, and we have a mix of those who like to ski and board. We have narrowed our search down to these three boats. Any suggestions for what will work best for us? Thanks.
Old     (imiguy68)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-09-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
i would go with the supra, its very easy to adjust with the wakeplate, and the three individual ballast system bags that you can fill each one depending on what your doing. it is okay for skiing for recreational, but not if you trying to do the course. also it has the new integrated perfect pass with the smart plate technology, so you can dial in your speed to wake plate adjustment for the individual, or skiing, boarding, or wake surfing. its a great family boat, all the way up to the expert. check out the boat buyers guide on this boat. also with the supra you get alot of bang for your buck.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-09-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
i like the supra
they are all nice boats but the natique does not have a wake plate which is a big negative
i just ordered my second 24 ssv, i love them
Old    kvanderg            12-09-2006, 11:54 AM Reply   
Scott,

Your new around here... 2nd post an all... so.

1) Watch out for dealers and people with promotional deals for certain brands. They lurk around this discussion board pretty regular.

2) These people, almost without exception, are only going to tell you what is in their best interests... not yours.

3) Make sure you check their profile before you take what they say as fact. Having said that... some dealers will put that in their profile and some will not. It makes you wonder why some dealers will not?

For example... one of the posters in this thread was on here last week bragging about buying a 2006 Supra brand new, using it a full season and selling it at the end and only losing $1200... this is obviously a fella who "has an in" with his local Supra dealer and wouldn't say a bad thing about a Supra if someone had a gun to his head.

I'm noy saying anything bad about Supra... I owned a 2005 and it was decent boat. probably just as decent as the other 2 you are considering.

Listen to your gut when it comes to the dealer... ALL BOATS have issues (ranging from small to big) when they are new... a good dealer can really minimize the grief involved in breaking in a new boat.

(Message edited by kvanderg on December 09, 2006)
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-09-2006, 8:50 PM Reply   
kevin
that was me and it was the truth i am a dentist not boat dealer, kiss my ass
i was just trying to help, you are just so stuck on your own can not believe someone got a good deal and how you paid full price and got screwed, you are so far upside down if you puked it would come out your ass
Old     (mcmike)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-09-2006, 9:18 PM Reply   
Great language and grammar for a dentist.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-09-2006, 11:06 PM Reply   
Well Denstist or not, I like that Supra in your profile pic. That being said, how much would it cost to have a bridge done?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-09-2006, 11:24 PM Reply   
You'll hear this again. Drive them. Ride behind them. Maybe one is noisy or feels wrong or maybe one just looks right to you.
If your spending this much that's actually important too.
Buy the one you feel best in.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-10-2006, 7:51 AM Reply   
mike, sorry to disappoint you
daniel, thanks that is the boat i just sold and i did loved it
Old    kvanderg            12-10-2006, 8:08 AM Reply   
Supra for me... classy stuff... hope you dont get frustrated like that and lose your cool while working away on a root canal, crown, etc.

It is fairly obvious that you are not used to being challenged so... keep typing... you reveal more of your true character with every post.

My advice stands... watch out for people with hidden agendas.

(Message edited by kvanderg on December 10, 2006)
Old    kvanderg            12-10-2006, 8:32 AM Reply   
Good advice on water testing... I water tested a certain brand (dont want to mention any names as I dont want to raise any one elses blood pressure around here) and was surprised at how LOUD the engine was. I couldn't buy it for that reason alone... so water test and if you can at least do wake to wake jumps... make sure you get behind the boat as wakes always feel different than they look.

And for the record... it possible to lose your shorts when buying and selling ANY boat. It is a strong function of your mind set when getting in or out of a boat (i.e. practical or emotional).

I lost my shorts on my 2005 Supra because of emotion. My dealer was giving me a GREAT price on a 2006; therefore, I took a lower trade on my 2005... then I found out the 2006 was going to show up 2 months late in a 4 month boating season... after ordering it 4-5 months in advance!!!???.

I guess Supra had over sold their ability to produce and expected me to wait!!!??? Being a fairly stubborn... right and wrong kind a guy... I walked away from the 2006 Supra and bought a low hour 2005 Malibu 23LSV (one of the few good used boats available at the start of the 2006 season) and ended up with what I feel is 10 times the boat than a Supra.

But thats just me I guess...

(Message edited by kvanderg on December 10, 2006)
Old     (imiguy68)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-12-2006, 10:23 AM Reply   
hey nobody bashed on malibu in this post, why you gotta bash on supra, thats childish, supra for me musta got to your heart.
Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-12-2006, 6:28 PM Reply   
23 foot malibu that would be perfect
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-12-2006, 7:38 PM Reply   
I love the Supra i had a 24 all summer loads of fun with the new changes the 07 will be a beast I will either be getting an 07 22 or 24 will see I get boat show pricing tommorow hopefully
Old     (swrodgers)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-12-2006, 7:49 PM Reply   
Ryan, how do you get boat show pricing? (I'm new to this.)
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-12-2006, 8:02 PM Reply   
Go to the boat show and ask
Old    kvanderg            12-13-2006, 5:31 PM Reply   
Sean,

What are you talking about? Did you even read what was posted? Dont drink before noon... its affecting your posts. Jeez

It is a sad day, here on WW, when you can't give out some basic advice and share past experiences (which is what this board is all about by the way) with out some moron getting his panties in a bunch.

Sad... sad indeed
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-13-2006, 5:41 PM Reply   
kevin, you just assumed i had a hidden agenda and i felt like you were calling me a liar, yes it pissed me off
it is a sad day on ww when guys like you seem to think everyone has a hidden agenda when they give there opinion,
you must be french canadian

(Message edited by supra24ssv on December 13, 2006)
Old    kvanderg            12-13-2006, 5:59 PM Reply   
supra for me,

Here is a quote from your contribution to the "what would u do..." tow vehicle thread:

"you are just as stuck on your titan as i am my supra, (at least we both like sc), I know you have had great luck from your titan but by any chance do you work for nissan in any way?"

Sounds to me like you think the Titan truck guy has a hidden agenda So what gives... ya got nothin better to do than dog me for something you do yourself?

Like I said before... keep typing... you reveal more of your true character with every post.

Jeez
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-13-2006, 6:04 PM Reply   
that goes back to something him and i talked about a year ago, good try
don't forget i asked not assumed

Old    kvanderg            12-13-2006, 7:04 PM Reply   
Semantics
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-13-2006, 10:05 PM Reply   
kevin,
why don't you go ice fishing or protest the iraq war and leave the wakeboarding to us

mike,
when you start doing medicene instead of selling supplies e-mail me and we will go golfing

Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       12-13-2006, 10:21 PM Reply   
Stop whining ( arnies voice)

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/arnolds22.html

theres a link

oh and learn to spell medicine. i sure as hell wouldnt get something from somebody that doesnt even nknow how to spell what they are selling
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       12-13-2006, 10:22 PM Reply   
disreguard the "N" before know
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-13-2006, 10:58 PM Reply   
Scott,

If you want a Nautique I am not sure the 226 is the best choice based on your needs, check the new 236 if you have a chance. The 211 is good for what you describe but it's not in the size class you are interested in.

I have a few friends with Supra's and they are quite happy with their boats. My experience with Supra in general has been positive. You would likely be happy with one.

I can't say much about the Enzo. My friends with Centurions are somewhat mixed, but it's likely to be the best value if it meets your needs? Boat buying dollars tend to buy a little more in the Centurion line.
Old    kvanderg            12-14-2006, 4:46 AM Reply   
Supra for me,

I'm not french Canadian... but I'm pretty sure your one of "those guys" that make countries, around the world, think all Americans are stupid and ignorant.

If someone actually knows who supra for me is... can you go punch him in the ear for me... what a tool
Old    kvanderg            12-14-2006, 5:08 AM Reply   
Scott,

Sorry for my part in trashing this thread... honestly... I dont think you can go wrong with almost any new boat if you follow a few basic rules of thumb:

1) Water test, get to know the boat and get behind the boat doing whatever it is you are going to do with it (WB,WS,WS,SS).

2) Get a good read on the dealer. Try and get some reliable references on him. Every boat has troubles of some kind... its how they deal with the problems that matter. See if he is quick to lose his patience... if he will do that during the critical 1st impression/sales stage... what is he going to do when there is a real issue with the boat? See if the guy actually gets in the water himself... if he doesn't... it probably just a job and your just a customer.

3) When buying or selling... dont get emotional... it will only cost you money.

4) Listen to your gut when it comes to almost everything. Boat quality, performance, dealer, etc.

I guarantee you every brand is capable of making a lemon and is capable of having an ignorant dealer representing them. The only real thing you can pick in this situation... is the dealer. Once you have been in and behind the boats... I would focus more on the dealer than anything.
Old     (mcmike)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-14-2006, 7:55 AM Reply   
Supra,

The way you conduct yourself on ww is ridiculous.

Allow me to translate so you can understand--Thee waye u condukt yerself on ww is reedickuloos.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-14-2006, 8:42 AM Reply   
Scott,
As to your original post, I would go with the Supra for sure! Badboyripper has a New 21V(had a 22SSV) that I ride behind regularly---great boat. This is coming from a guy who owns a Malibu(the best boat for me!) As far as Centurion, I have ridden/driven several and I was disappoointed. Nautique--I like the wake of the 210-small boat, won't fit your needs--not impressed with the newer models. Between your choices---Supra(my opinion/experience).
Old     (sharkyvonmarks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-14-2006, 10:13 AM Reply   
I would take the time to try out the Sanger V230, and yes you should ride all of them before buying each boat is great in it's own way, it just depends on what is going to cover all of your needs the way you want. The most important thing is you and your friends get out there and enjoy the sport. Happy demoing... and yes Kevin I sale boats....and have for a long time.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-14-2006, 12:49 PM Reply   
I assume you mention only those 3 boats for some reason. There are other brands that may fit your needs too.

I agree with Mikeski, the supra will be in a whole different class in terms of storage and people room. I have been in a Nautique 226 and found it to be smallish compared to 24 foot boats.

Test drive, test drive and test drive. This will let you get to know the dealer. How will he treat you if your tranny falls apart 3 months from now? Every boat brand gets one of those now and again.
Old    kvanderg            12-15-2006, 8:10 PM Reply   
Mike G,

That was sweet... I meean thit wuz swiet

Sharky,

I have nothing against dealers who:

1) Care about their customers
2) Dont treat people like walking wallets
3) Are capable of giving impartial advice
4) Can wrap their mind around the fact that, depending on a persons needs and budget, anyone could be perfectly happy with any of the BU, MC, CC, Moomba, Supra, Centurion, etc., etc. etc. inboards. There is no such thing as one best brand.

It just really rips my ass when a dealer or some one with an obvious hidden agenda gets on here and starts spouting biased information because they stand to gain from it.

supra for me,

I dont care what you say... if you can buy a brand new Supra, use it a full season and sell it at the end of the season and only lose $1200... that is called being extremely lucky or getting your boat at cost to start with. Either way... don't go telling people that a Supra is the best boat to buy because they wont lose any significant $$$ on it because, even if you have no hidden agenda, which I think you do, that is just flat out MISLEADING and thats why I called you out!

Also... I never once accused you of being a dealer. How did you ever make it through University... your reading, spelling and comprehension skills seem that of a 10 year old. When you say you are a dentist... does that mean you mop up the floors after the guy, who actually works on peoples teeth, goes home for the night

(Message edited by kvanderg on December 15, 2006)
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       12-15-2006, 10:18 PM Reply   
Children.... Children! Damn everytime I get on a thread Supra is into it with someone.

I will get ripped apart here but I don't like nautiques. There I said it. Their seating layout and interior space is lacking. I heard the new 236 is supposed to be really nice though.
I think the Centurion is just as good a value as the Supra but the Supra also get's my nod. Of course I do have one......
Old    r3612            12-15-2006, 10:52 PM Reply   
I would also say check out a Nautique 236...If i had a huge fam or a boat full of peeps that would get a look from me.

Gonna get some eye's comments for sure, but I kinda like the way it's set up. http://www.wakesiderides.com/viewArticle.php?id=394

but out of the three you picked........All are great....After being in all of them...the Supra nd Centurion have a little better ride to them because they have a little deeper V. Something I"m sure the wife and fam would appreciate. Won't get you beat up on those rough days crossing the lake....would assume you're on a bigger one looking at 24 footers. Also the nauty is gonne be the tightest inside. The 226 just doesn't feel as big as it looks for some reason. BUt the Nautique attention to detail and quality has been there for years.

(Message edited by r3612 on December 15, 2006)
Old     (c4avalanchen)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-16-2006, 6:28 AM Reply   
I disagree with the "you get more for your dollar with Centurion" quote. If you compare an Enzo SV230, SV240, Avalanche, Lightning, etc... equally equipped to any other boat in that size range, they will be very close in MSRP price. However, Centurion doesn't fully bling out every boat, although they do have pretty much every option you can think of. This gives the more budget minded consumer a little help, and I think it's a great selling scheme. But the negative side to it is that people see a fully loaded $75,000 Centurion Enzo or $60,000 Avalanche and think the dealer is crazy.
Old    r3612            12-16-2006, 11:25 AM Reply   
I"d have to agree...their prices are def up there with the big three these days. Your right on with that. Loaded out Vs loaded out you're gonna be very close these days...few k or so difference. But by offering the boats in base models and intro models(air warriors) they do get to keep their prices fair by allowing you to order only the things you need to keep the boats at the lower price. Think that is where most of their customers are....at least from my experiences......Not too many fully decked out Centurions floating around here and the places I"ve been. More of the nicely equiped ones with just the necessities for sure.

Just my .02