Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-21-2004, 1:57 PM Reply   
Now that the season has come to the end for most. Did you learn the tricks you wanted? I just cruised around this season doing my same old tricks. But the number one goal was meet had fun with my friends out on the water watched them learn new ticks and break themselves off. Chad WALK BEFORE YOU RUN FOO. Now the real fun begins winter riding I live for it. Glassy water and no other boats.
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-21-2004, 1:59 PM Reply   
I learned how to become a board whore like you squid. Other than that I learned some off-axis stuff.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-21-2004, 2:09 PM Reply   
I had four goals for this season...learn to wakesurf (did it), learn how to do go goofy and get back (did it), learn how to do a 180 off one wake (did it) and finally make the w2w (haven't done YET).

I hope my season hasn't ended and I get to continue to try for that w2w. Overall though it was a great season. I boarded more than I ever have. Years past I have gone out under 10 times a year, this year I started at the end of February and have tried to get in the water at least once every week and one week this summer I hit the water twice a day. It was awesome, I don't want it to end. Thank heavens for drysuits and hopefully the Northwest Hardcore crew will allow me to try riding in the bitter cold winter months to see if I can stand it.

I ain't no pro and I ain't showy, but I certainly do have fun.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-21-2004, 2:10 PM Reply   
I broke my toe in the middle of July so that slowed me down a little. I did learn a few new tricks(HS 5, frontroll, R2R) and have been working on grabbing my inverts and trying to develop more style overall. Once again always fun.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-21-2004, 2:16 PM Reply   
i didn't want to learn any new tricks really. i wanted to get back the tricks i lost.

nope, haven't gotten 'em back yet.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-21-2004, 2:33 PM Reply   
I learned 2 of those flippy things and 1 of those spinning things.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-21-2004, 2:48 PM Reply   
i wanted to have fun and I did. I did learn to wakesurf heelside/backside/whatever it is called. also, one wake 'quarter pipe' style indy grabs. and a wakeskate shuvit in the flats. thats about it, I mostly just wanted to ride for fun this summer, after my injury last summer.

started learning to barefoot backwards this summer, very, very close to getting it.

(Message edited by timmy on October 21, 2004)
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-21-2004, 3:00 PM Reply   
I rocked the Tindy and the Tailfish two weeks ago. Gotta say I probably would never have done it without the support of WW and all the great posters here!!! Should I get to go again, it will be the Nosencholy and Nute grabs all weekend long. Thanks to those who supported me in pursuit of bastard grabs, I owe you all, and you know who you are!!!!!

On a serious note. Learned some FS180 grabs, Switch HS W2W. Want the Half-Cab bad. Worked on my form for more POP and generally more consistancy on my cuts. Had a friggin blast and hopefully we will dunk the boat a few more times if the weather turns warm in NOV. It just dumped in Mammoth though, so who knows??

Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-21-2004, 3:22 PM Reply   
I broke my leg and blew out my knee in early June so it's gonna have to be all about next season for me.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-21-2004, 3:30 PM Reply   
1 flippy and 1 spinny thing for me... Too much time behind the camera is to blame.
Old    edward            10-21-2004, 4:00 PM Reply   
yea my goals and beyond this year. my main goal was to get a 360. this season i learned ts 180s w2w, hs 180 and then hs 180s w2w, grabbed ts and hs 180s w2w, ts 3 and then took it w2w, hs 3s, and one of my future goals i didn't really expect to do this season was the backroll and now i got them pretty big and very consistant. looking for better 3s, a 5, and a couple more basic inverts next year
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       10-21-2004, 4:02 PM Reply   
No
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-21-2004, 4:47 PM Reply   
This was probably my best year yet on the cable. Learned lots of stuff on the ramps and rails. First time doing inverts on ramps... learned backroll, roll to revert, scarecrow, and frontroll. Various fs/bs spins on the flat rails and hitting the taller rails like the A-Frame and Funbox. First 540 off the ramp and learned a 720 on the tabletop. Been working on but not successful at the air roll to blind and at least attempted a couple air mobes.

Although I ride though the winter, it's less frequent and my body needs the recoup time. Still would like to get the tantrum on the ramp before winter.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-21-2004, 6:47 PM Reply   
i learn to talk and i learned that trying to olie fishing boats could get you hooked. and some flippy, spinny things.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-21-2004, 7:04 PM Reply   
I progressed alot this season, i think the new boat helped too, got all my grabs in, fashion air, ts w2w ts indy. Switch w2w both ways, ts fs 180 w2w, switch ts 180 w2w, and just alot more confident behind the boat, Great Season!!!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-21-2004, 8:47 PM Reply   
of course
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-22-2004, 6:38 AM Reply   
I progressed alot this season. This is my second year wakeboarding and I feel like my first year was a total waste. I was trying to wakeboard at around 18 to 19 mph and everything was so difficult I almost quit. I could not even jump W2W. So for some reason this year I tried boarding at 22 to 24 MPH and what huge difference. I started getting the fundamentals down really quick. I tried 1 invert my last ride of the season. I did not land it of course but got the feel of one. So can't wait till next year.
Old    lunaraven            10-22-2004, 9:05 AM Reply   
I improved a lot this year, almost all of my goals were met save the elusive tantrum.
Tried wakesurfing, it was ok but not really my thing.
Tried wakeskating, love it as much as wakeboarding and have become pretty good at it.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-22-2004, 9:24 AM Reply   
unfortunately my riding has degressed. I took a monster fall early in the season and havent been able to recover mentally or physically. Im looking forward to the time away from the water.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-22-2004, 9:33 AM Reply   
Yeah...I Progressed thanks to my Absolute!
Old     (blev2)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-22-2004, 9:48 AM Reply   
I progressed quite a bit. I finally got consistant on clearing the wake jumping heelside....got w2w toeside... and finally landed a backroll.. still getting consistant with that and trying to learn new stuff
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-22-2004, 10:07 AM Reply   
I learned a lot about chainsaws, FEMA, my home insurance policy, soffits, pool screens, roofs and hurricanes in general this season.
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-23-2004, 9:47 AM Reply   
I progressed right out of the sport!
My recovery is still progressing though (slowly). Anyone want to buy a slightly used SAN.
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-23-2004, 11:53 AM Reply   
I learned to wakeboard this season, so yes I progressed. I had a TON of fun and am hooked. I can do surface 180, ride switch, and so close to w2w (back foot hits the far wake). Next season I hope to be consistent with w2w both heel and toeside, do 180's, and most of all, just have fun.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       10-23-2004, 2:04 PM Reply   
No,I didn't progress.But having shoulder surgery in January,I'm lucky I was even able to ride.
Old    howie            10-23-2004, 8:23 PM Reply   
Hell this is my best year. My Boss the one who turned me onto the sport decided to have a child. So I had to get creative so I found wakeworld Man life has not been the same. THis site has the coolist people on it. Being a third yet with out a boat(yet in the works) has been cool I have riden more this year than last year. I have w2w and 1 grab now work on toe side. winter is here time to freeze and progress. thank you all on wakeworld. Your guys are awsome.
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       10-25-2004, 7:47 AM Reply   
Well, I went about 3 times last summer so I basically started this year. I made alot of progress this year. I can now easially go w2w and do my a 180 from toeside pretty good. I attemped a tantrum a couple times, (both times almost killed myself but you get that sometimes.) I also landed a backside 180 and alot of other surface tricks. It was a great summer and I can only hope to keep progressing the same next year.

Howie, you are defintely right. I have learned alot from this site alone. If I ever need advice I know I can just read through a thread and it usually answers my question. Definitely a great website.
Old    essy            10-25-2004, 8:09 AM Reply   
as a 2nd season beginner, it's been quite an awesome season. didn't manage to do a lot, just w2w (problems landing them) and grabs. can't wait to travel to warmer places during the winter months and wakeboard further!