Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (davidhep23)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-06-2007, 6:00 PM Reply   
My wife is wanting her own rope/handle combo for her birthday. She want something that has a soft feel to it. It probably wouldn't hurt if it was pink also.
Old     (marcy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-06-2007, 6:08 PM Reply   
I recommend the Proline LG (leather grip) handle, it's the texture of a chamois. It is the first handle I have ever been able to use without gloves. I have small hands and have always had trouble because I can't wrap my fingers around all the way. I can hang onto the LG and it is super soft when wet. Unfortunately, I don't think it comes in any girl colors.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-06-2007, 6:09 PM Reply   
I use an old 04 or 05 (yes Pink) soft premier handle with a new pink and black Ronix Core rope. I have used the Ronix North handle....very nice to use.

I have tried the girls specific handles, but to me, my nails dig into my hands using them. Not sure if it is because I am used to the guys handles or if my hands are too big for the girls diameters.
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-06-2007, 7:35 PM Reply   
i use the LF Jett handle. really nice grip, and small diamater which i like cos i have really small hands. and it's very pink! i also have a pink rope ;)
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-06-2007, 9:11 PM Reply   
Same as Alice W.. I find the LF Jett (or the Spyder which is the same in a diff color and cheaper) to be super comfy. not just for me, all the guys in the boat love it as well.
Old     (megalicious)      Join Date: May 2007       06-07-2007, 12:07 PM Reply   
I use the Accurate Ruck/Era handle. It has a larger diameter & my hands don't fatigue as much. It's not like I have man-hands or anything though.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-07-2007, 2:08 PM Reply   
sorry for the hijack... but bsflower, how short does the core rope go??
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-07-2007, 9:12 PM Reply   
55ft
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-08-2007, 8:23 AM Reply   
is that with the handle or without?
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-08-2007, 3:28 PM Reply   
including handle
Old     (tcan)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-09-2007, 12:10 AM Reply   
my personal fav is the proline delta...it has a smaller profile so little hands can hang on. even my 6 year old daughter loves it...i also like that it is 17 in vs most handles being 15 in great for handle passing...husband hates this handle though...he gets hand cramps because of the profile being too small...so thats some input from both sides..i know that i didn't like the straight line bantam...or whatever it is called...after sessions on that i couldn't go anywhere without people knowing that i had just gotten out of the water...they would simply "read my palms"