Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-22-2010, 1:07 AM Reply   
Homeland Security & Counterterrorism Solutions- no more will they have to get a warrant to search your vehicles or your house for that matter. All they have to do is drive by and scan your with the latest and greatest Z Backscatter™ technology. Yes, the same tech that is used in the airports are now mobile and and scanning away.

http://www.personalliberty.com/conse...rrid=336676192

http://www.as-e.com/products_solutio...rterrorism.asp

http://www.as-e.com/popups/security_05.asp
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-22-2010, 8:11 AM Reply   
I think it was Karl Marx who said apathy will be the downfall of Democracy. Interestingly enough, this can be compared to roadblocks. The Supreme Cout ruled that individual rights can be substituded for public safety. The problem I have with it all, especially airport scanners, is the radiation. It just take a little to trigger cancer.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-22-2010, 8:24 AM Reply   
"No longer are you secure in your “persons, houses, papers and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures.” Government agents can peer into your car, home and business and you will never know it until they show up on your doorstep flashing a warrant based on something they saw through the walls."

Not that I disagree, but it would be pretty hard for any evidence to be admitted in court that was originally found by a non warranted search by one of these vehicles. It would also be pretty hard to get a judge to sign off on any warrants pertaining to evidence they found while out driving around invading privacy.
Old     (csaidler)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-22-2010, 8:37 AM Reply   
so is it time to go back to lead paint? If only on the exterior of your home?
Old    deltahoosier            09-22-2010, 9:16 AM Reply   
High Z material is things like Uranium and all the products around it on the chart. How is that a limit of your freedoms? There is only one reason you have this material.

Personally if you have uranium in your home, you are a threat to me and I want you caught.

On the radiation issue, don't fly across country or eat bananas.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-22-2010, 9:20 AM Reply   
I agee, Someone Else, and I don't fly unless I have no other choice.
Old    deltahoosier            09-22-2010, 9:21 AM Reply   
Well, looking more at what they are doing, I guess if they are riding around and have the ability to look into your car, that could be an issue. If it is more of a system to reflect off of High Z material then I don't have a huge problem with it.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-22-2010, 9:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Not that I disagree, but it would be pretty hard for any evidence to be admitted in court that was originally found by a non warranted search by one of these vehicles. It would also be pretty hard to get a judge to sign off on any warrants pertaining to evidence they found while out driving around invading privacy.
Agreed, there was a ruling not long ago to allow Verizon and AT&T to not have to provide call records without proper warrants. Same would easily go for this...