Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       08-11-2004, 4:39 PM Reply   
What is harder to learn, a 360 or a wrap 360
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-11-2004, 4:43 PM Reply   
uhhhh, regular 360.
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-12-2004, 11:19 AM Reply   
i see these guys riding around here, they are brand new, cant go wake to wake, can barely stand up, but they are trying 360's and the one guy is wrapped all the time.

i keep wanting to yell at him, "hey, wrapped is so you can throw a grab in, not to wuss out on the handle pass!"

yes a wrap is easier when in the air because of no handle pass, but it is harder to set up because of your hands being on different handles.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-12-2004, 1:29 PM Reply   
Wrap is lame. I can't stand it! It just doesn't feel smooth. It's easier but honestly everyone that claims a 3 had better be passing the handle. That's my humble opinion.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-12-2004, 1:54 PM Reply   
I pity the fool who invented the wrap!
(Insert Mr. T photo here)
Old    steve_chavez            08-12-2004, 4:03 PM Reply   
Yea, Handle pass is the only way to go. Its a pain in the ass and takes practice. Kinda a wakeboarding right of passage from can jump the wake to intermidiate/advance status (depending on whos watching u)
Old    phaturn            08-13-2004, 7:48 AM Reply   
I treid my first 360 day before yesterday. I rotated way to early before I popped and ate freakin was the worst fall Ive had.......any suggestions?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-13-2004, 7:56 AM Reply   
"everyone that claims a 3 had better be passing the handle." I agree!

yeah, pop then pass the handle!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-13-2004, 8:47 AM Reply   
On my 3's I wait super long to pass. Get good air and then rip the handle. Also it's easiest if you start with the handle close to your body, less distance to pass.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-13-2004, 12:21 PM Reply   
Pop then spin, that is the trick. Otherwise you get thrown off axis and eat $%it hard. Oh and don't wrap it that is definitely gaper style. Do it the right way and learn the handle pass.
Old     (cgutzmer)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-13-2004, 1:24 PM Reply   
Yeah I tried to wrap a 360 after 10 attempts of missing the handle. I felt kinda akward popping off the wake wrapped. I only tried that once and then after I realized I didn't have to spin so fast and concentrate on the pass I got it. I would recommend the pass just have to practice and youll get it. THere is alot pain in learning 3's for the first time.
Old    martini            08-13-2004, 5:02 PM Reply   
Mark and Steve-

have you ever seen randall wrap his spins??or Josh Smith??? or Jeff mckee??? Andrian Aubery???
or Gator???

i don't think you can call any of those riders lame!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-13-2004, 5:19 PM Reply   
I'm freakin' out over here. I do agree that if you say you can do 3's, you should be able to pass the handle.

Mark - you pity the fool? c'mon! The wrap handle was pure innovation.

I think you guys who despise the wrap handle need to go watch Natural Born Thrillaz and watch Randall's section then come back and tell us who is lame.

Pete - word.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-13-2004, 9:00 PM Reply   
How about Melissa's wrapped toeside roll to blind!
Old    martini            08-17-2004, 2:15 PM Reply   
thane-4sure!

jeff- i sit corrected...

wrapped is legit!if you "come correct!"

Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-18-2004, 2:00 AM Reply   
pete, unfortunately i'll have to say i've seen randall wrap up. check out (think its a 540) in the double up or nothing contest. I'm pretty sure he goes in wrapped.

but its all good, cause when he wraps up, he sticks around 3 or more grabs during the spin.