Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wake Events

Old    LiquidForceWake            11-19-2010, 2:46 PM Reply   
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       11-21-2010, 3:13 PM Reply   
Already had plans to go back... We were waiting for the dates... Can't wait.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-23-2010, 6:03 PM Reply   
I'll be there!
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-29-2010, 7:48 PM Reply   
Any info on houseboat rentals or lodging? I'm planning on coming down with my boat and a few other people, coming from Western KY.
Old    LiquidForceWake            12-10-2010, 1:57 PM Reply   
Sorry it took a while to respond!
All lodging, houseboats, etc. can be rented from Bull Shoals Lake Boat Dock… www.liquidforce.com/brostock10-travel.html
Old    LiquidForceWake            12-10-2010, 1:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
Any info on houseboat rentals or lodging? I'm planning on coming down with my boat and a few other people, coming from Western KY.
Sorry it took a while to respond!
All lodging, houseboats, etc. can be rented from Bull Shoals Lake Boat Dock… www.liquidforce.com/brostock10-travel.html
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-09-2011, 8:57 AM Reply   
Gettin stoked!!!
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-14-2011, 9:45 PM Reply   
anybody got any recommendations on hotels? Thinking about coming down for this and would like a place that's close to the closest marina to the event. Never been in this area before, so any information is helpful....
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-17-2011, 11:08 AM Reply   
there was a guy on the Brostock Event Facebook page advertising a houseboat for rent.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-21-2011, 8:36 AM Reply   
Don't do much facebooking, got any more info?

No one has hotel info either?
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-21-2011, 3:04 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure everywhere near the closest marina is booked. You could try mountain home though, it's about 30 min away.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-21-2011, 3:45 PM Reply   
Hey np3,

Do you think all the resorts on Promised Land are booked?

Promised Land is just right across the lake from the cove.

And then also, Oakland and Pontiac are maybe not that far to motor on down. Pontiac is scenic. Yes, no?
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-21-2011, 4:00 PM Reply   
Posts sometimes seem to suggest a different sort of communication than intended.

np3 knows the area a lot better than me. I was only hoping np3 could direct people to areas that might have available occupancy.

down for a ride? grab PF ... or not ... and it's a go.

I'll grab the boat in whatever garb so it's appropiate for your sponsorship.

It's slow season for me, so I like weekdays.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-21-2011, 9:44 PM Reply   
Okay, here's my deal: I plan to come down from Western KY. That'll be pulling my 24' Supra 6 hours to get there. I don't know the area, so I have no idea what to do or where to go, other than the route mapquest or my droid will take me to according to the address that Brostock gives out. If there's somewhere on the other side of the lake and a short 10 minute (or so) ride is required, that's okay. So if anyone is local to there and can throw out some good suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-23-2011, 9:59 AM Reply   
Promise Land is a distinct area on the lake (more like a pennisula). All the resorts on it are directly across the main channel from the cover where BroStock was held last year. (I assume it will be held in the same place.)

Again, directly across. It's not even a 5 minute drive. It takes you less time to go from across the lake than the marina. The 'no wake' zone is sizable. It takes me more than 5 minutes to get from the fuel pumps to back outside the 'no wake' zone.

I stayed here last year and reccomend it. Edgewater resort has been in same family since the 60's. It also has that sort of vintage envornment. A local knowing another local knowing another local put me in touch with the owners. If you got kids too, the owner-husband feeds the fish under the docks. It is fishing in a barrel, albeit for sunnies, catfish and carp. We put our catch in a big live keep he's got there, and turned all loose after the weekend. The area is also sort of wildlife preserve. There were dozens and dozens of deer.

http://www.edgewater-resort.com/

Edgewater has neighbors. Several looked about the same. If you do any calling around, ask if they have a launch and dock. Some of the resorts are way high up off the water, in fact, up on the ridge top. I'd prefer to take a resort a little more on the flank of the slopes. None are at water's edge, because Bull Shoals can run up down 60 feet over a decade's time.

http://www.bullshoalslakeresorts.com...Area/Home.html

Finding the turn off the main road, 5, is real challenging from the north, and so much so from the south. I don't use GPS, but my guests who did missed the turn off. From the main road, the area gets steeper and steeper, and the road is narrow and twisty, with a particularly dangerous hairpin (ie, oncoming traffic taking it too fast). But that's close to the highway. Furhter back, there is virtually no traffic. Take it easy back there.

I've been down there a couple of times. We brought all our food, and cooked in the kitchen. (I believe pizza will deliver to BSBD, but there were no floating restaurants.)
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-23-2011, 11:35 AM Reply   
i tried to rent a houseboat like a month ago and everything was booked. they literally had a handful of "tent only" camping spots at the park. i dont know if anything has changed, but looks like im not going to be making the haul from Dallas this year..
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-23-2011, 9:07 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info guys, I'll check those links and make some phone calls tomorrow.
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-02-2011, 1:35 PM Reply   
Sorry, haven't been on in awhile. Not sure if Promise Land has any vacancies or not. But, if you're pulling a boat the drive back and forth from mountain home with it could get old unless Bull Shoals Dock has a slip you can rent for a few days, worth a shot. Let me know what you find and I'll help you out if I can.

John, whats up man? Long time. I'm going to be up in BS this weekend if you want to go out and ride on Monday?
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-14-2011, 11:31 PM Reply   
Looks like we'll be heading down that way. 1 of the hotels called and had a room open up. I didn't take the call, one of the guys going with me talked to them. I'll try to find out tomorrow where it's at.....
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       06-15-2011, 12:03 PM Reply   
Just booked a couple cabins, looking forward to meeting up with everyone out there...
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-15-2011, 8:22 PM Reply   
I think we're staying at Del Arco.....
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-20-2011, 1:40 PM Reply   
T-minus 2 work days... so pumped! Got a 50 foot motor home and a friends 2011 Nautique 230 going up with us from Dallas. See you boys on the water!
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-20-2011, 4:00 PM Reply   
I'll be down Friday morning. Bringing the boat in my profile pulled by a CC longbed Duramax that's lifted. Hit us up if you guys see us out!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-22-2011, 6:07 AM Reply   
We'll be there Friday morning, will be bringing the MB. Hope to meet some fellow WW'ers this weekend.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-26-2011, 12:26 PM Reply   
Just got back in from Bull Shoals. Had an awesome time and met a lot of good people. Hung out with most of the pro's throughout the 2 days and most of them are really pretty cool. Randall Harris, Rusty, and Ricky Gonzalez all stayed next door to us at our hotel and rode out to the houseboats with us Saturday morning before the tourney.

Saturday morning I noticed my camera missing. I had it out with us on Friday, and I can't remember if I took it out out the boat when we parked in the slip, or I left it in there. Either way, it's gone. Whether it was lost or stolen, it was a huge loss. If anyone hears anything, or knows anything, there's a small reward. The camera was a Nikon D50 with an 18-70mm lens, an 8gb card with pics of my kid, and a $400 Canon video camera. It was all in the same bag. Everyone please watch out on the other forums too, maybe it'll show up
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-27-2011, 5:41 PM Reply   
It was nice meeting you Jon. Brostock was a BLAST!
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-27-2011, 6:46 PM Reply   
Great meeting you too Ian. We should've came over that way earlier in the day..... Still think that MB is sick by the way.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-28-2011, 6:51 AM Reply   
Thanks! Hopefully Brostock is back at Bull Shoals next year... if it is we'll be back for sure.