Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (hokiesax)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-22-2008, 8:39 AM Reply   
Anyone tried running two boats next to each other? I remember seeing a post about that on here, but I can't find it. I'd love to see pics and hear about how it worked out.
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       05-22-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
I think the video was one of Liquid ride boats. They had two boats wakesurfing. I Think? I tried looking for it, but nothing.
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       05-22-2008, 9:26 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZPdtaIdzlw

2 Liquid rides. Nice wave.

This is one liquid ride and my old launch. Good times, just need 2 good drivers. We don't use perfect pass when doing this and you need to stay close together.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       05-22-2008, 9:27 AM Reply   
I will get some more vid and pics with 2 vlx's or one vlx and one liquid ride later on this summer.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-22-2008, 10:45 AM Reply   
We did this about 4 years ago. It was a blast to ride such a big wave. I remember that the boats were really close and the drivers had to keep watching each other to stay together.
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       05-22-2008, 11:06 AM Reply   
Yeah, the drivers can't really watch the rider at all. It's really cool because you get this massive wave right where the 2 come together and it just sends you flying forward.

Also we tend to drive around 13 - 16 mph.
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-22-2008, 5:03 PM Reply   
We did it last year with an 07 Typhoon and my 06 Enzo.

The results were life changing. I have never seen such chaos on a lake before. This year, a friend bought an Enzo so we are going to run two Enzo's side by side!

I hope I get to get in the bowl this year instead of just driving it. We had two riders in there at once riding frontside, backside, whatever side you want. When a rider fell out we just kept going and another rider would jump in.

It helps to get one boat up to speed, then have the other boat pull into position.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-22-2008, 5:10 PM Reply   
I gotta try this, I have driven and ridden the spine on a wakeboard and it is a lot of fun. Haven't gotten to do this yet. I agree with Jason in that it is easier to have one boat start and hold speed and have the other pull in and match the speed.
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-22-2008, 6:58 PM Reply   
I've seen it done and it looks like a lot of fun, but never had the right set up with the same/similar boats...Hopefully we can get an opportunity to try this summer :-)
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-28-2008, 7:51 PM Reply   
are there any laws regarding how close two boats can get to each other while under way? seems like it would be a blast, but also seems like it's just asking to get harassed.
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       05-28-2008, 10:03 PM Reply   
not in canada - to my knowledge on my under policed 90 mile long lake.
Old     (bladeaustin)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-29-2008, 1:40 PM Reply   
WAKEOUTLAWS.COM has a video on there web-site
Old     (t_mann)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-30-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
Two boat surfing is awesome. You need to bump the speed up 5-6 mph and have two good drivers. He are some pictures from last year.Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       05-30-2008, 1:53 PM Reply   
Nice air, that's intense because of the speed.