Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-09-2013, 7:44 AM Reply   
My boat (Enzo with 400 hours) has started to vibrate in the steering column while pulling a surfer out of the hole. It does not matter if the rudder is turned or straight. It does not vibrate when there is no ballast in the boat but the engine does sound different than normal while surfing at 3000 rpm. We have not hit anything that in the water (that we felt anyway).

I greased the two rudder zerks and there was no change. If someone holds the steering wheel there is a little play on the rudder. Any issues there?

I looked at the prop and there was no visible damage.

Any ideas?
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-09-2013, 9:00 AM Reply   
Yep sounds like your strut bearings are worn out causing slight play in the shaft which creates cavitation under heavy load
Old     (CobraRob)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-09-2013, 9:13 AM Reply   
When I bent my prop this weekend. (Which looked 100% perfect) until I pulled it off and saw one entire blade out of alignment. It would cause the steering to vibrate bad but it was also shaking the entire boat sooo.

Just because it looks good does not really mean much the prop could still be bad.
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-09-2013, 1:21 PM Reply   
I'm going to swap props this evening to hopefully rule that out. I will see if there is any play in the shaft at the same time.