Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (konaking)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-06-2008, 11:24 AM Reply   
I need a wakesurf rack ASAP, Nobody seems to have them???? Any Ideas new or used.

Thanks
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-06-2008, 11:50 AM Reply   
Nice Rack is the only one I know of at the moment. But like you mentioned, they are all currently on back order. Best bet would be to post something here in the classifieds and hope someone has something. Mine are still in development, so I can't help you there. I would keep looking for maybe a Dbot rack or the Nice Racks. There may still be another company that makes them (I know they used to), but I can't remember their name. I'll see if I can find it online somewhere
Old     (akamoroti)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-06-2008, 12:27 PM Reply   
We are still looking for something, haven't found anything either.
Old     (blownc6)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-06-2008, 12:44 PM Reply   
I have one of these, works GREAT! http://shop.monstertower.com/p-34-monster-surfboard-rack.aspx

(Message edited by blownc6 on July 06, 2008)
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       07-06-2008, 12:50 PM Reply   
http://dbgconcepts.net/content/view/25/42/
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-06-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
Check out www.onlyinboards.com Ian has a ton of them and the prices are right.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-06-2008, 3:29 PM Reply   
I don't like the Nice Rack. The string loops are hidden behind the tower. The bungee cord loops should be spread further apart. The lines are too short.

I have a Monster Tower rack that is two years old. The chrome finish is starting to bubble up. Also not a recommendation.

I have two Dbot racks one is a wakeboard rack with a “strap on” surfboard rack. The other is a wakesurf rack. The Wakeboard rack and the strap-on have a chrome finish. The wakesurf rack is brushed aluminum. The finish on the wakeboard rack and strap on is rough. I’d go with a brushed aluminum Dbot.

Note that Dbot racks are designed for certain tower diameters. There is no paired combination of Dbot shims that fit my tower. I’m only using one shim.

Ian at Only Inboards was great to work with.
Old     (blownc6)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-07-2008, 12:27 PM Reply   
bigshow Monster did have some chrome issues with these racks but they have made changes to resolve the problems. Monster has a 100% no BS guarantee on there stuff, email them and they will make it right. I had the same problem and all it took was and email to Monster and I had replacement forks within a week at no charge.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-07-2008, 4:09 PM Reply   
That's very cool.
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       07-07-2008, 4:19 PM Reply   
My experience with Monster has been fantastic, as well. I have Mako racks on my tower which look nearly identical to the Monster racks (they screw on, rather than clamp), but they're no longer in business. Varmints got to my Mako bungees and had them for breakfast... Monster provided me replacement bungees and supporting hardware at no charge!! Even included stickers and can coozies!

I was stoked about their service so did purchase a Monster Wakesurfer rack and had it powdercoated black to match my tower. No issues at all. One caveat is I'm not a regular surfer (boo! hiss!!) so don't use the rack all the time. Of course, that's the reason I like that the Monster wakesurf rack is easily removed.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-08-2008, 6:12 AM Reply   
Wanna sell it Joe? :-) :-)
Old     (konaking)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-08-2008, 9:04 AM Reply   
Mike at www.adrenalinewatersports.com Got me a Dbot surf rack. He sold me the one he was keeping for him self. Awesome thanks for all the help.

(Message edited by KonaKing on July 08, 2008)
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       07-08-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
After putting the time & effort into it, I think I'd just as rather keep it.

Bob - I'm sure the Dbot will fit the bill.
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-09-2008, 7:45 AM Reply   
anyone else looking for a surf rack - the wakeoutlaws guys had some new NICE surf racks on their boats at the recent comp -- they looked pretty sweet.
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-09-2008, 9:25 AM Reply   
yeah, I just bought a double Nice rack from Wakeoutlaws....should be in tomorrow. I'll let you know how I like it (or don't like it--ha)
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-09-2008, 9:44 AM Reply   
Nate, let us know what you think of the double rack from WakeOutlaws. It's the one I'm planning on getting right now.
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-09-2008, 12:03 PM Reply   
will do Joe....
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-11-2008, 6:08 AM Reply   
Well, I got the Nice double surf rack in yesterday and installed it. I can understand the complaints about the bungee cord being short...it barely fit around my Mojo XL. The only other complaint I had is that it's hard to re-attach the bungee as it is on the underside of the rack. Although, thinking about it now, I don't know any other way around this problem. It looks nice though!
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-11-2008, 11:58 AM Reply   
wouldn't that board fit in a regular wakeboard rack?
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-11-2008, 12:30 PM Reply   
yes, easily, but not the bungee :-)

And I was going to get a rack anyway for my Shredd Stixx that is coming in today, so I just figured I'd get the double rack.
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-11-2008, 12:57 PM Reply   
Here are a few pics of the Double Surf Rack and the Wakeboard/Skim Board Rack

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-11-2008, 2:53 PM Reply   
Nice makes a skim board rack? Now I find out! ha.....

Does it come with a long bungee? Or is it another brand?