Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-02-2011, 8:41 PM Reply   
I did a search for mold, but everything i could find had to do with mold on the vinyl. Anyone ever tried to get mold out of the bottom of the seats? If so, what worked for you?

Like this...
Attached Images

Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       06-03-2011, 6:35 AM Reply   
I have some there too on my '00 MC but not quite that bad. I've tried scrubbing it and what not and it's definitely deep in the texture of the material. Everybody on the forums says not to use bleach on vinyl but I used to use SoftScrub w/ bleach on my dad's hydrosports center console vinyl all of the time (2-3 times per year) in high school and it lasted over 15 years, stored outside, uncoverd about 1/3-1/2 of the time without any drying or cracking until the very end.

I'd try OxyClean with a scrub brush and maybe a few other things but I'd bet that SoftScrub would do it. You might want to remove the sundeck and do it outside of the boat to keep it off of the carpet and rinse thoroughly. While you have the sundeck off before trying the SoftScrub you could leave it out in the sun with that side facing up for a few days and see if that kills/bleaches it.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-03-2011, 7:06 AM Reply   
the embarassing part is that I just bought this boat. Looked the whole thing over and somehow did not see this Not sure how I missed it!!!!!!!!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-03-2011, 8:10 AM Reply   
This only happens to Mastercrafts. One of the major flaws in their build...........

Ok kidding, but had to go there....

Don't worry... this is very easy and very common. Get some "Totally Awesome" cleaner (white frosted bottle, with red writing and yellow liquid inside) from the dollar store and a bristle brush. Spray it on heavily and scrub away. Then take a towel and wipe it clean.

Disclaimer: You can also use Malco if you want. It is virtually the same as Totally Awesome, but it is name brand and more expensive.......
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-03-2011, 9:22 AM Reply   
Same boat same problem used totally awesome scrubbed and gone it was!!! Totally awesome is great stuff
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       06-03-2011, 10:38 AM Reply   
I used Totally Awesome on the mold I mentioned above and it did knock off the bulk of the mold itself but the discoloration was deeply ingrained in that texture. I think you will have to bleach it out with chlorine bleach or with the sun. Mine's not bad enough for me to be willing to remove the sundeck to get direct sun exposure.
Old     (chexi)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-03-2011, 10:57 AM Reply   
You could just replace the bottom covering. You would have to pull some staples on the welt, and then on the covering, and then re-staple the new bottom covering (if you even decide to replace it, as it is not needed). This is if the cleaners / bleaches don't work of course. I making some assumptions here that the seat bottom is similar to a circa 99 nautique. Looks similar.