Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (nautiques210)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-18-2009, 1:48 PM Reply   
So im interested in the hyperlite vinyl wakeskate. Just curious if anyone has rode it and what they think of it....
Old     (skateonwater564)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-18-2009, 6:06 PM Reply   
its a decent board, its a bit like the catalyst, but wider heavier and griptape. i personally liked it, what else have you ridden or is this your first board? in my oponion its an all around a decent board
Old     (nautiques210)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-18-2009, 9:27 PM Reply   
im on a 2008 catalyst right now. Just interested in the grip tape thing cause there similar boards
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-19-2009, 7:17 AM Reply   
I'm gonna get either the Vinyl or the Cat 2.0 to use as a slider board for the upcoming season
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-19-2009, 11:57 AM Reply   
motgomery, they dont make the 2.0 anymore
Old     (nautiques210)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-19-2009, 12:36 PM Reply   
Ya i was thinkin the same thing, which ever board i like better ill use for boat and the other for slider
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-19-2009, 6:48 PM Reply   
Mitch, yeah I know I wish they did though I like the design of that board my buddy has one that's never been ridden that I'm thinking about picking up.

I've heard the Vinyl is damn near bomb proof and I've seen people just beat the $h|t out of em so I'm pretty sure it'll hold up just fine as a slider board
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-19-2009, 6:56 PM Reply   
The vinyl is a fun skate to ride especially if you like a heavier skate that rides high on the water. I would have to disagree that it is bomb proof, in fact I think it is probably the most delicate board I have owned. It is foam inside (Thus the amazing boyancy factor) and the edge blows apart very easily if it contacts a rail head on. I had one of mine split and had a buddy who had a similar blow out.....very fragile.
Old     (nautiques210)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-19-2009, 7:56 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the help guys
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-20-2009, 7:57 AM Reply   
deepcove, no $h|t that sucks the guys I know that have em just absolutely beat those things to death and they haven't broken one yet