Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (waterskirebel)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-14-2008, 2:48 PM Reply   
Anyone have a Hyperlite Broadcast, or CWB Ride they'd like to sell? If so, please shoot me a PM or email.

(Message edited by waterskirebel on July 14, 2008)
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-14-2008, 5:13 PM Reply   
What size broadcast? A friend may one for sale. Mine was for sale. But it took a newbie ride into the transom, so I'll be doing some repair to the nose. Otherwise I would probably sell, but they are also a great board to have in your quiver for those just learning as well as just to have fun on. The broadcast can be a sluggish board, regardless of your wake.

I haven't had a chance to try thr Ride yet, but have heard it is a pretty good board. Not too sure of the skill level it would fall under.
Old     (flyguy)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-15-2008, 10:13 AM Reply   
I've got a brand new, still in the packaging, 5'6" Broadcast for sale. $275 plus shipping from BC, Canada. ahastie@hotmail.com I'm on the road until mid next week if you want pics, I can get them to you then.
Old     (waterskirebel)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-15-2008, 10:48 AM Reply   
TXSurf - I was hoping for a 5'6" broadcast, which one does your friend have? Which one do you have? Is it usable with the damage? I am looking to save some money. We are just starting out, and don't have a large wake (due to the lake we go to).

Flyguy - I was hoping to find a used one and save some $$

thanks!
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-15-2008, 11:10 AM Reply   
I agree with TXSurf said. Broadcast is sluggish and I have a big wave, although small 4.9 board.

CWB Ride was so much better.

Haven't ridden the longer broadcast.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-15-2008, 3:48 PM Reply   
I just got done demoing the 08 Broadcast 5'6" and last weekend the 08 Landlock 5'11".

I am 5'7" 165lbs, another rider was 5'10"
200lbs.

Boat is 87 Supra Sunsport DD with ~1200lbs total weight. Waist high clean wave.

The Landlock has big thick rails and is very bouyant. Pretty fast ride and shape looks different than older models. Very stable, not spinnable. I could ride easily all day. Other rider could find pockey fairly easy and drop handle for a minute or so at a time.

The Broadcast is a thin board that can fit in a standard boardrack. The middle of the board is real wide and although you can sink the tip it recovers fairly well. The fins are smaller and I found it to be a very slippery board when turning. It tends to just fly out the heelside if you're not careful. This board also accellerated well. I could ride it all day. Bigger buddies also had success on it. We were able to 180 with a rope.

Both are pretty fun boards. My bigger buddy liked the Landlock. I didn't especially care for either although there was nothing wrong with them. Good for big guys or learners.

We got lots of (smaller) people to learn to drop handle right away. Bigger guys w/o experience also got up really easy (easier than on a wakeboard) and had a great time trying to get in the pocket.

These boards (especially older models) are all over craigslist.

(Message edited by wakemikey on July 15, 2008)
Old     (waterskirebel)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-15-2008, 5:27 PM Reply   
wakemikey - do you have a good way to search craigslist nation wide? I havn't had much luck finding either used. I also live in Colorado.

We are all pretty small, all under 185 pounds, but our wake isn't that big. Our lake is only 3-5 feet deep.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-15-2008, 6:09 PM Reply   
Ohhh.. That lake is going to be a problem.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-15-2008, 8:09 PM Reply   
not really i guess...gotta use the right search terms. wakesurf, wake surf, surf board, landlock, broadcast, inland surfer, they go a lot on ebay and WW too...

What kinda boat are you using?
Old     (waterskirebel)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-15-2008, 8:10 PM Reply   
I had someone bring some bags on my boat, and we were able to get a small wake going. We don't have many lakes around here, so I don't have much of a choice, either go to a crazy lake, with tons of chop, or a semi-private one, that isn't very deep.
Old    surfdad            07-15-2008, 8:27 PM Reply   
Have you thought about a longboard in that shallow lake? You could noseride on a small wake or even mush - just like in the ocean, small waves - break out a longboard or funboard. This is a decent wake, but we can ride this longboard/noserider in ankle high mush too and on a wake that is cleaner up to 16-18 mph.

Upload
Old     (waterskirebel)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-16-2008, 9:39 AM Reply   
I was originally looking at a Hyperlite Landlock, but was told it was too big and slow. Do you think it would be a better board for my scenario?
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-16-2008, 10:58 AM Reply   
Red tide Inland Surfer. Great for me being 215lbs with a smaller wake.