Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (batistat)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-06-2004, 10:15 PM Reply   
My dad was thinkin about gettin a Malibu skier, I think it's a 93, and I was wondering if anyone knew how the wake is on it. (weighted and unweighted)

Old     (batistat)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-06-2004, 10:18 PM Reply   
Oh yeah it's a 195.
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-07-2004, 12:39 PM Reply   
No sure what 195 means? Did you mean 1995 for the year or the model #? Malibu doesn't have a 195 model that would be a Mastercraft. If it is a Malibu checkout Malibuboatowners.com for specific information on that model.
Old     (batistat)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-07-2004, 1:48 PM Reply   
Nope 195 is the model #. It's a Malibu 195 skier.
Old    house            04-07-2004, 2:29 PM Reply   
Must be a Malibu Skier - 19.5'.
They are no new Super Air or VLX, but weighted properly you can get a decent wake with them...

(Message edited by House on April 07, 2004)
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       04-07-2004, 4:50 PM Reply   
When I used to live in the Bay Area, there was a Blue Malibu Skier (around that year 92 to 95) that had a tower. It was a real clean boat and those guys used to be pretty good wakeboarders. Although if you're a good wakeboarder (and I suck) you can throw a trick off the flats. I assume the wake was ok cause they looked like they were enjoying it and they were out there all the time.
Old     (batistat)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-07-2004, 10:33 PM Reply   
Well I suck too, but I'm tryin to get better. Right now I'm ridin behind a Four Winns 180 horizon with no tower or weight. Definitely not the ideal boat.
Old    wake2end            04-08-2004, 1:24 AM Reply   
I'm looking at an 89 Malibu Skier, if it's weighted, which I want to do, would the wake be good? compared to an old nautique?
Old    d_fresh            04-08-2004, 4:31 AM Reply   
I own a'92 Sunsetter Euro. Puts out a nice rampy wake. 500lbs on each side of the motor and 350lbs in the ski locker.
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       04-08-2004, 7:58 AM Reply   
I owned a 94 Skier which I sold last year, and upgraded to a used v-drive. I bought the boat as a slalom boat, and you can't beat the value equation for a no frills ski boat. My kids got into wakeboarding and we transformed the boat with a pylon and fat sacs. You will max out on weight and run out of room pretty fast. Put some weight up front and it helps move the sweet spot back. We achieved a good, medium size wake. Plenty of fun, and my son was doing inverts, but they had to be executed precisely (and quickly). He progressed beyond the capabilities of that boat. If you get it at the right price, it will hold it's value, and you may want to upgrade in the future. I loved that boat, but I'm a slalom guy at heart.
Old    rainrider            04-14-2004, 2:50 PM Reply   
i have a 92 euro and usually have 4 or 5 people in it while we wakeboard. the boat throws an adequate wake though we're not pro's. i'm wondering how careful i have to be, the boat sits low already so do g turns and big weight have possibility of sinking? How non sinkable is this boat?