Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Meyeronfire)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-24-2013, 7:17 PM Reply   
Got to test the boat pretty heavy over my five days off, absolutely love the boat. Has an awesome wake without the ballast even being filled. Just need a few suggestions from you guys for this 03 Supra Launch SSV. First things first need a cover did a search and cant seem to find anyone who has a cover in stock, when I store the boat I fold the tower down so ill need somthing that will cover the boat while the tower is down. Second, the stereo is decent with its 4 factory speakers in the boat, but that for sure needs a makeover needs tower speakers and a sub, the deck doesnt even have an auxillary connections, KILLING ME! And lastly need some fat sack suggestions and placement for wakesurfing impossible to do with the factory ballasts.
Old     (jordanh)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-24-2013, 7:24 PM Reply   
I'm sure you know about it. But also post your question over at supraboats.com/bbs

Alot of knowledge over there also.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-24-2013, 7:29 PM Reply   
Cover, to get a decent one that covers everything you are going to have to get a custom one made. In the mean time you might be able to pick up a 23 or 24 foot cover for an I/O or something to fit over it all for storage situations. If you want a towing cover I would go with an Evolution or Bakes Marine. I am sure there are others out there.

For Stereo there is a million ways to go. I personally would rather take my time picking quality components that work well together even if it means leaving out the tower speakers for now. For interior speakers you should be able to find decent stuff on the low end like Polk DB651's and then in the next level there are option like Polk MM, Kicker, Wetsounds XS65 and the exiles. If you really want to go all out look into the wetsounds XS650's, JL MX or M series. Find a good solid sub that you can have a custom box installed at the driver's feet. Power all these components generously. If you wanted a solid base stereo you could go with something like the DB651's on the interior and a Kicker Sub with something like a PPI 4 channel amp running it all. Wait and do the towers when you have enough coin to get good tower speakers that work for your usage and a good amp to power them. At that time you could also add something like a wetsounds WS420.

Does your SSV have the walkthrough bow or the playpen bow. If playpen put the gravity games setup in. This will be something like an 1100 up front and dual 500's or 600's in the rear. For surfing a good start might include full surfside rear, empty non surfside and front between half full and completely full. If you don't have a big crew maybe buy an extra 400+ sack to fill up on the surf side seats.
Old     (mikebu)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-24-2013, 8:31 PM Reply   
Depending upon your deck you may be able to add a auxiliary connection to the back of the deck. In my 07 Supra 21v Kenwood makes a auxiliary input that plugs into the back of the deck and I mounted the input jack through the glove box side wall.

Not sure what ballast bags you have but a lot of Supra owners will take the stock front bag, 650 lbs, and put that in the rear and buy another stock front bag for the other rear side and then put a gravity games, 1100 lbs?, front sac in front.

Why do you put the tower down when you store the boat? I don't think a Evolution or Bakes cover will work with the tower down as you want to material to be tight so water cannot pool on the cover.
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-24-2013, 9:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanh View Post
I'm sure you know about it. But also post your question over at supraboats.com/bbs

Alot of knowledge over there also.
^^This, I have an 01, good info over there.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-25-2013, 8:22 AM Reply   
Finding a factory cover is going to be very very hard. Finding an exact fit cover is easily done. Iboats.com has a ton of custom fit covers from Westland that are exact fits to each boat. I know they have supra covers.

The other part is unless you go a custom route from a local shop no exact fit cover will cover the tower. Do you need the tower down because of a garage height issue or a lift issue?

As mentioned the gravity games setup was the most popular way to weight that boat if you have the playpen. You take the 5-600 bag that's in the belly now move that to the rear buy an 1100 for the belly and another 5-600 for the rear. Then keep the originals for extra surf weight. .
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-25-2013, 8:43 AM Reply   
BTW I actually have an original I believe factory cover extra. Not sure of the condition as there's also a new one... but it doesn't look beat up. I can take it out and see if you'd be interested in it.