Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-06-2009, 9:33 AM Reply   
I think that was his name (Colby) The rider that went into a coma after a wakeboarding accident.

Does anyway no what the story is?

I know a lot of us donated to help his family foot the bills, just haven't heard anything in a long time.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-06-2009, 11:11 AM Reply   
I knew no one would reply to this....

Where's Eubanks? Didn't you have some info? Colby is from Dallas too right?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-06-2009, 11:19 AM Reply   
Yeah, a guy from our local crew went to see him a several months back but that is the last update I heard. I think he was still in some type of rehabilitation center and still re-learning every day tasks like talking, walking, etc. He had come out of the coma though that he was in for a year.

Let me look for that update and I'll post it if I can find it.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       03-06-2009, 11:30 AM Reply   
One of Colby's nurses that works with him on a daily basis shops at my store and she said no improvements, like Eubanks said they are working with him daily re-learning every day tasks like talking, walking, etc.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-06-2009, 11:40 AM Reply   
Thanks Jeff. I know Alf and some folks were going to go visit him last fall, but I never heard an update afterwards. Thanks for the info.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-06-2009, 11:48 AM Reply   
That's sad. So did he completely forget everything? No memories at all?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-06-2009, 12:30 PM Reply   
Ben - I think I may have been mistaken or he has regressed some, but my friend Alf says that he is still in a coma although he does respond to some external stimulation.
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-06-2009, 3:35 PM Reply   
I wish I had a friend named alf
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-06-2009, 5:30 PM Reply   
man sad story sorry to hear about it. I hope he makes it. can you give a link or tell the story of how he got hurt.GET WELL COLBY! my family will pray for you.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-06-2009, 6:21 PM Reply   
I am glad this was brought up. I remember exactly where I was when I read about his accident. For some reason his accident in particular really set with me and put things in perspective. I can only wish him the best.

God Bless....
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-06-2009, 7:00 PM Reply   
From all that I have seen and been involved with pertaining to TBI injuries, all I can say that anything can happen (especially for the better); I wish him nothing but the best and hope he regains strength and vitality with each new day.

Stay strong kidd!
Old     (mtownrydr)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-06-2009, 7:36 PM Reply   
He hurt himself just riding wake to wake or was he hitting rails??
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-06-2009, 8:37 PM Reply   
Riding wake. There are thoughts that he might have already had a recent concussion but kept on riding. He took a bad digger and was knocked out and has pretty much been in a coma ever since.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-06-2009, 9:53 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear...