Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Frznrth)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-23-2013, 9:46 PM Reply   
Hi
Few days ago I asked for suggestions on a wakeboard boat for my kids that i could ski behind. Thanks much for the replies. Have thought more and realize your right for saying that crossovers would be making compromises that would leave me unhappy in the future.

So if you don't mind in you opinion what should I look for in a true wakeboad boat that I might be able to get in the low 20s if I look hard? Would like: 20ish feet, built in ballast, heater air tubes (not sure what u call these - the tubes in the boat u can use to warm up with). I live in Alberta - these seem almost a must! , tower u can put a sun shade on (can u do this with most?), surfable, perfect pass or some type of cruise, good build (reliable) If some are sort of skiable that would be a pluss but is not a priority at all.

Thanks much for your time.
Old     (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       08-23-2013, 10:43 PM Reply   
You will have a tough time finding all those things you want in a boat in the low 20's, especially in Alberta. I always find boat prices here to be higher than elsewhere; too many people with lots of cash to burn. You might find a older Vdrive Mastercraft 205 or a Air Nautique in that price range but you might have to add Perfect Pass or the heater and ballast yourself afterwards. Some people would consider these to be "crossover boats" but with some ballast they will both put out a wake that is on par with new boats.

My best advice would be to look in the U.S. for a boat. Way more boats, and way better prices.
Old     (Brendon444)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-24-2013, 4:12 AM Reply   
Sanger v210/v215 bought mine in sylvan lake.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-24-2013, 4:20 AM Reply   
1999/2000 mastercraft xstar/205v
Old     (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       08-24-2013, 4:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendon444 View Post
Sanger v210/v215 bought mine in sylvan lake.
That would be a good option but every 215 i come across around here is atleast the high 20k range. Martin Motorsports has a 06 right now that they want 39k for.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-24-2013, 5:11 AM Reply   
I agree it will be very difficult to get what you want for 20k. Especially in Canada where boats sell for more money.
Old     (Frznrth)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-24-2013, 7:36 AM Reply   
Thanks. Alberta does seem out of my price range. Will likely need to take a trip south for something like this? http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...ius-LSV-362135 or this http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=39653 ?

Am also very patient and am willing to wait for a great deal. Just would be great to have some idea of what to seriously look at. Are there any V drives you can't surf behind? Are some make's years models trouble prone? We're there problems when the V drives first came out?

Last edited by Frznrth; 08-24-2013 at 7:45 AM.
Old     (Frznrth)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-24-2013, 7:53 AM Reply   
Or this http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=38575 ?
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-24-2013, 8:00 AM Reply   
That Centurion in New Burn...only 2300+ miles away, lol. It is also right on the ocean with a galvanized trailer = full on salt use. Pass. That and the shipping at that distance + across the border is going to add a lot to the cost.

That Moorseville boat looks like a decent deal; I'll pass that along to my buddy that lives only a few minutes away.
Old     (Frznrth)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-24-2013, 8:04 AM Reply   
Am so glad I could help out you buddy near moorseville! Will he be happy with that boat?
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-24-2013, 5:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frznrth View Post
Am so glad I could help out you buddy near moorseville! Will he be happy with that boat?
Probably. He had a house across the street from the water and has a deeded boat slip (he lives in Cornelius). I took our boat there last month for a few days. Our 'Bu is only 21' and was fine for his slip, though he would be happy to have a bigger one too. He just got the house a few months ago so he is starting to get the itch to fill that boat slip.