Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       04-04-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
So I just wanted to let everyone know how pumped I am!! Last night my beautiful girlfriend was killing it!!! We have been together since around June of last year and she has only rode about 7 times.(she does not like wakeboarding in front of other ppl cuz she says she sucks, I have been telling her since her first time she does great!!) So last night on her 8th time ever wakeboarding, on a board with no fins, and a stance that was to wide,(my buddys set up) she started going W2W!!!!! I am soo happy!!! Now she said she is going to ride all the time!!! I Can't wait!!! Plus she fell very hard(hit the 2nd wake, dipped the nose and did a faceplant into the flats) We got back to her and she said "Can I go again"!! I look at my friends and said "God, I love this girl!!!" Now I need to get here a board, I told here any board she wants as long as its a CWB! But she already knew that!!!

Sorry, I just wanted to share and let you know there will be one more girl on wakeworld now!
Old     (junebug)      Join Date: May 2006       04-04-2007, 2:54 PM Reply   
I ride a cwb and i love it!!! i agree with you. I had a lotus and I just got a sapphire and that all me and my husband will ride. Tell your girlfriend way to go!!! Good luck!!!
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-04-2007, 4:05 PM Reply   
Congrats bro... my girlfriend is the same way. she doesnt like wasting ppl's time she says. but i love seeing her ride. And as long as we are in my boat if anyone doesnt like watchin her ride, they can swim back. she is so close to going wake to wake. just a lil more speed and she's got it.
Old     (a1flowergirl)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-04-2007, 5:31 PM Reply   
It took me a full two months of riding 3-4 times a week before I got my w2w! Tell her way to go! It doesn't take much to get someone hooked on this sport, does it?
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-05-2007, 2:49 PM Reply   
Thats freakin awesome! I wish I could find a guy for me thats proud like that! Took me a while to go W2W. Tell her to go for some grabs and stuff now!!!
Old     (escapade4k)      Join Date: May 2006       04-06-2007, 4:46 PM Reply   
bg-
Tell her congrats!!! I'm totally jealous, by the way. I'm still trying for the w2w. Extremely awesome how proud you are of her. It is always great to hear of a guy who wants more than just a boat bun to be bikini clad ballast and fetch beer for him.
p.s. from now on, get her in the rotation :-)
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-09-2007, 8:03 AM Reply   
BG, that's awesome!!! It definitely puts a smile on your face, when girls are like that. I have a gf, that when she first started, she didn't want to be the last one to go w2w. So before she could really ride, she was hitting the wake at full speed. She would clear it, but not land it. The whole boat would give her props, for the effort.

Now she is about 6" from going w2w on a very consistent basis.