Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-08-2005, 4:36 PM Reply   
Hey guys I'm new to this forum and to boats in general so if i say anything that is extremely stupid I apologize ahead of time. any way heres the thing. my family is looking at getting a boat this summer and we are in the 35000 range. my parents are looking at a yamaha ar 230 (boo) but i am trying to convince them that a wakeboarding boat would be the way to go. they both like to fish so they like the platform of the yamaha and they like the very shallow draft and of course the 30000 msrp. i am trying to tell them that the wake of the ar is horrendous at best (its a jet drive), you can fish off any boat and you can find older v-drives or inboards for around that price . any way sorry for the excessively long post just wonderin if any one could tell me some boats that would be better to look at.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-08-2005, 4:43 PM Reply   
good lord...$30k for a yamaha??ukey

u can get yourself into a pretty nice inboard wakeboat for $35k..does it have to be new?

who pays msrp anyways?
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-08-2005, 5:08 PM Reply   
New Malibu iRide will come in around 35, also some moombas and possibly centurion cyclone storm series may.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-08-2005, 5:22 PM Reply   
Sangers I heard were nice and they are 35-40k brand new!
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       02-08-2005, 5:30 PM Reply   
Sanger V210 is around $35K. Rated by waterski mag. as a hardcore wakeboard boat. It has a awsome wake and very clean lines. Moomba also carries a few modles that re in the 25-35K range. Depending on what your looking for in a boat. Direct drive will be cheaper than a V-drive.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-08-2005, 6:34 PM Reply   
Clemmans Marina in Eugene Oregon Has a brand new 04 Cyclone with storm one package and Decnet Sterio set up out the door for 32800
Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-08-2005, 6:50 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone. I think the Moombas look pretty nice do they have any serious downsides to them? Also does anyone here live in Utah and know of some sick deals such as the 04 cyclone that Dan posted?
Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-08-2005, 7:03 PM Reply   
Hey also kinda like the gekkos does anybody have experience with those and could you tell me what the price of an 04 or 03 model would be.
Old    linus8103            02-08-2005, 7:43 PM Reply   
I would suggest a V-drive with pop out carpet...if your parents like to fish.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-08-2005, 9:01 PM Reply   
agree with big ed... would go for a sanger.. they are awesome boats..
Old    akman            02-08-2005, 9:16 PM Reply   
I would take a good long look at the Sanger V210, flat out the best bang for your buck.

If you can squeeze a few more dollars look at the Supra 21V
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-09-2005, 12:13 PM Reply   
You would be making a huge mistake buying a Yamaha. I looked at them at the Salt Lake City boat show and cringed at the thought of someone actually buying one. The local Tige dealer was ready to sell a Tige Switch i to my buddy for $28,000. Add a tower and perfect pass and you have yourself a pretty nice 2005 boat for under $35,000 easy. Hell, you could add a Monster Tower, Perfect Pass, and a Rival ballast system and still be around $35,000.
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-09-2005, 1:35 PM Reply   
I have a 2001 Mastercraft Xstar with 3 ballast tanks, perfect pass, tower racks etc in prefect condition in your price range email me at davebirdfam@yahoo.com if you are at all interested
Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-10-2005, 1:29 PM Reply   
What should i expect to pay for a sanger that is new but maybe a year or two old?
Old     (greygoose)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-10-2005, 1:55 PM Reply   
I have an 04 Outback LSV that is loaded with 320 EFI, Hydraulic Wake Plate, Rad-A-Cage tower, pop-up cleats AM/FM CD Stereo, bimini top, wakeboard racks, custom cover, swingaway tongue. The boat has only 38 hours and is a prefect 10. navy blue and platinum. $32,500.00 Will deliver part way.

Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-10-2005, 4:36 PM Reply   
I have a new Sanger V210 loaded, 40hrs. Will let her go for low 30s no prob OTD, no sales tax if you register in AZ, i have a river house where the boat stays. Let me know, the V230 is calling.
Old     (whitlock87)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-08-2005, 6:54 AM Reply   
I was looking at getting the Black Yamaha. ( there wake board boat)
It was going to be 32k ( 35 out the door )
I am 40 and wanted a boat to do things with the family, one day while shopping for your new boat I ended up at a Tige dealer. I got a Tige Switch V for 33k or 37 out the door.
It has more power, drives better, and my son is much happier.
The tige is listed at 20’ and the Yamaha is listed at 23’
Tige does not include the swim step in there length. so it works out to 22’
The swim plate from on the Yamaha is 3.5’ so the tige has 6” more cockpit room.
No regrets
David
Old     (bdehaan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-08-2005, 9:04 AM Reply   
Kawai, don't know of any killer Utah deals.

My .02 is it's going to be difficult finding a boat to appease your family's fishing fun and wakeboarding. Not saying it can't be done, it just seems polar opposite type of activities. When we first bought our boat my wife (and her family) wanted to fish (Jordanelle). We eventually decided no fishing on the boat, i.e. no fish smell, bait, hooks flying around. It's been easy though, cause all we do now is wakeboard. To us, the fun wakeboarding far exceeds what we're missing fishing.

Good luck with the search for a boat.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-08-2005, 10:20 AM Reply   
Go with the Sanger! You may be able to get a cheaper boat but you'll never get the ride you get out of a Sanger. Take Todd up on his Sanger offer... or check out their website to see about used Sangers for sale. www.sangerboats.com. I love my V215 and will never buy anything other than Sanger... not to mention the Sanger people are great to work with.
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-08-2005, 10:36 AM Reply   
I've been looking at the Sky Supreme 220V ... I think I can get one of those for about 36k.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-08-2005, 10:44 AM Reply   
DON'T DO IT DAVE!!!! A friend of mine has one and it has bounce you would't believe. He bought it last summer and to this day, he continues to have problems with it. In fact right this minute, he is dropping it off back at the factory for some more work to be done. Spend the extra $5k and go for the Sanger V215.

To be fair, there are other Supreme owners who like their boats and haven't had problems like my friend has, some of his issues were due to the dealer leaving it out in the rain before he bought it... but still.

Be sure that before you buy ANYTHING. Test drive the crap out of a few of them. Take it in rough water, feel the bounce. Take your wife/girlfriend or any woman and give it the "Boobie Test" If they hurt while going over the littlest wake, IT DOESN'T PASS. Take it for a literal "SPIN", crank that baby hard at 35 mph and see how it handles. That's what I did when I bought mine last year... Sanger vs. MB Sport.. Sanger won hands down.

Just my two cents... I'm not biased at all
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-08-2005, 10:58 AM Reply   
Petersen Marine carries Sanger in Utah. They had a V210 in that price range at the show....$32,795 to be exact.

Currently a 2003 Tige 22V at Taylor's for $39,900....since they have been sitting on that boat for over a year....my guess is it could go for a lot less than that.

There is a 2002 SSV on boattrader(from SLC, UT) for $36,500...

.....man I must be bored....

E.J.
Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       03-08-2005, 11:14 AM Reply   
There is nothing wrong with Supremes. I have a V208 and my friend has a 220V. His is roomier, but even he admits mine rides better. The 208 has a deeper hull and cut through the chop better. Best advise is to go look at ALL the boats even the expensive ones. Test drive them. They all have their good points and bad points. My decision to buy a Supreme was exactly that, my decision. For what i want to do, the price I wanted to pay, etc. it meets my needs, but I am sure it would not meet everyones. It's like the old Ford, Chevy, Dodge game. People have a preference. Pick up the boat buyers edition of waterski magazine, read it, go look at boats, go test drive boats, don't let the sales people pressure you into buying it now becasue next week the price goes up. If they want to sell boats, and they do, they'll deal. Treat buying a boat like buying a car but be even more scrutinizing after all wakeboat boats these days are rivaling luxury cars in price. Make a list of what you want from a boat, what you have to have and what you would like to have and what you will be using it for the most. A thoroughly researched and informed decision will be the right one.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-08-2005, 11:21 AM Reply   
Good advise KJ... nothing beats researching and testing on your own. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Dave, go to the Sacramento Boat show this weekend, you'll come away with all kinds of information and probably a couple appointments to test drive some boats. Also, if you know how to wakeboard, bring a board along with you and have them pull you so you can test the wake too.