Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old    toolman            03-19-2006, 6:18 PM Reply   
Hell All,
I am building a new boat house and I am having a small problem. I want to add a boat hoist to the new house, but all that I can find have a post down the center, which the tower will hit.

I have seen one in another post that has the pole off to one side to give the tower plenty of room.

My question is does anybody know where I might find one of these hoist?

Thanks ahead of time!Upload
Upload
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-19-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
LOL That's my boat, and my boathouse

There is nothing special abotu the lift I have in my boat house. It's a standard overhead lift with a craddle but the motor is positoned differently to accomodate the bar going across the slipp as opposed to the legth of it. Here are some more pictures. My lift (6000lb) was bought and installed for $1500.

UploadUpload
Upload
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-19-2006, 6:43 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (boomerang)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-19-2006, 6:50 PM Reply   
Thank a lot, I tried to PM you, but I got no response, where did you purchase the lift?

Thanks,
David
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-19-2006, 6:57 PM Reply   
The guy that built my dock did everything. I know he built the craddle....and I'm pretty sure he just buys the motors and builds the rest of the assembly himself. The guy who built mine is in Huffman , Texas. B & D waterland.
Old    toolman            03-20-2006, 4:10 AM Reply   
Adam,

Could you tell me how the rear cables are configured.

Thanks,
David
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-20-2006, 6:51 AM Reply   
Check your email. I 'll try and get pictures to you ASAP.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-20-2006, 8:45 AM Reply   
You should be able to move the pole 90 degrees, in fact the motor and everything else will need to be moved 90 degrees. You will have to run more pulleys and cable. If you dont know what I'm talking about, call the dock builder, and he should be able to change it for you.
Old    toolman            03-21-2006, 3:10 AM Reply   
I am the dock builder, allthough I have never tried a lift before.
Old     (tonydjd)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-21-2006, 4:15 AM Reply   
There's a company called ACE boat Lifts there in Venice, Florida they actually fabricate everything at this location they should have what you need. It is very easy to relocate the lift pole to one side this will allow your tower to clear. Almost all companys have the same motor and gear box set up but a little different rigging hardware. Best of Luck
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       03-21-2006, 6:44 AM Reply   

http://www.boatliftdistributors.com/

this company is in Houston but they will ship anywhere. This stuff is heavy so shipping can be expensive. Check with some of the dock builders and see if you have a local source.

You can have the cradle fabricated locally and you will want to buy the length of steel pipe for the cable from a local source.