Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-26-2013, 2:17 PM Reply   
08 mercruiser black scorpion .Boat was working fine did a couple sets with no problems. Turned the boat off now there is no power to the helm and no power to the back side of the ignition switch. All accessories still work but nothing at the helm any ideas??
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-27-2013, 2:22 PM Reply   
Anybody??
Old     (JPizzle)      Join Date: Mar 2012       08-27-2013, 2:47 PM Reply   
Have you checked the breaker switch @ the starter?
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-27-2013, 5:54 PM Reply   
yep even installed a new 90 amp fuse on the starter bypassed the kill switch and still nothing. thinking I might have a bad 50 amp resettable breaker at the engine.
Old     (Hovey313)      Join Date: Apr 2012       08-27-2013, 10:29 PM Reply   
If you don't have a multi meter I would definitely invest in one. Start with your main power wire and your distribution/fuse box. Like you said it could be a bad breaker but it could be something as simple as a loose/ corroded terminal to a bad ground! It'll take a little time but you can easily source the bad connection, breaker, fuse, or whatever it may be a lot easier than changing a bunch of random things!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-28-2013, 10:03 AM Reply   
hey can I get my 90 amp fuse back??? LOL
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-28-2013, 12:33 PM Reply   
It may be the engine breaker H... Jump the back of it to verify.. If not it could be your perko. Check connections on the back..
Accessories work as in? Stuff isolated to your house battery or accessories on the same start battery? This will eliminate some testing..

Last edited by Truekaotik; 08-28-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-03-2013, 6:02 AM Reply   
Found the problem. Turns out it was a bad crimp from the factory on the main power lead at the battery switch. Actually it looked like it was never crimped. Only thing holding it was the heat shrink. Figures the only connection on the boat that i did not re do fails.