Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Shewchuk)      Join Date: Nov 2012       09-01-2013, 10:16 PM Reply   
Hello,

I would like to know if I need any additional fusing in place after the remote relay?

Picture is how I plan on wiring it all:

16ga wire being used

Wire is running from the port locker amp rack to under helm

Thanks for looking!
Attached Images

Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-02-2013, 4:48 AM Reply   
Heres a few things I see:

Relay #87 needs to be a B+, not through the same switch as the one turning the head-unit on.

You have the head-unit's red turn-on wire going to B+ and the yellow B+/MEM switched. This is backwards.

With an EQ, 3 amps and 4 fans, I would give the fans their own circuit.
Old     (Shewchuk)      Join Date: Nov 2012       09-02-2013, 5:42 AM Reply   
All good points! Any fuses after pin #30???
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-02-2013, 5:52 AM Reply   
Not if you are fused on the B+ side of the relay.
Old     (Shewchuk)      Join Date: Nov 2012       09-02-2013, 6:22 AM Reply   
TigeMike, thanks for the prompt replies I really do appreciate it. The wiring diagram was made last night and the mix up of power to the head unit was my fault but good catch! If I put the fans on a seperate circuit what would be a good way to turn them on other than having them on a manual switch or switches? I just thought it might be nice to have everything come on all at once automatically via the remote relay. Too much on one circuit?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-02-2013, 9:07 AM Reply   
You can use the same trigger to turn the fans on as you have it now, but I would wire them to their own relay.
Old     (Shewchuk)      Join Date: Nov 2012       09-02-2013, 10:13 AM Reply   
Okay different relay, using the same power wire B+ that runs to the helm (as shown), or running another fused B+ from the Distro Block? Thanks...
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-02-2013, 12:41 PM Reply   
I'd run multiple switches so you can control which amps you want to come on. I'm not an audio guru so maybe there is another way to do this that I don't know about. I do know that when you're just chillin, that sometimes you want to turn off the obnoxious tower speakers and just run the internal boat speakers. At lower volumes the general boat speakers sound much better and you don't need the HCLDs blasting back to the rider that isn't there.
Old     (Shewchuk)      Join Date: Nov 2012       09-02-2013, 1:14 PM Reply   
I know what your saying, but I am using an Exile ZLD you could just fade to cabin only! Not sure how much power is being used when the Exile Harpoon Amplifier for the tower speakers is on but not outputting? I would think not much...