Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-07-2010, 3:11 PM Reply   
Question regarding the diagram below.

1) I assume that the line that leaves the fat sac with the check valve is to allow air and excess water when full to leave?

2) Are the shut off's before the thru hull's really needed, and if so are they just stopping water from coming back in the boat?
Attached Images

Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-08-2010, 12:12 PM Reply   
seriously? You've all installed it but can't answer the question.
Old    ScottRobinson            05-08-2010, 12:25 PM Reply   
Dave, give it time, this isn't just people on here all day to answer. I know it's frustrating but give it a few hours and some of the guru guys will come on and answer you. You are right that there are tons of guys on here who will be able to answer, just give em time.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-08-2010, 12:40 PM Reply   
Easy killer, you don't need the shutoffs, but I wouldn't skip them. When those bags are full, theres a lot of pressure in them. This pressure will push water past the pumps and start a syphon. Before you know it, your bags will epmty them selves. So no, you don't need them, but you'll wish you had them if you leave them out.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-08-2010, 12:52 PM Reply   
If the top of the sac, when filled, is above the thru-hull, then that sac may drain down till it equalizes. Looping the hose like an upside down drain trap works if you have room under the gunwale and doesn't cost any thing. A vented-loop also works, but still need to get it mounted up a bit.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-08-2010, 4:20 PM Reply   
I'm calm don't worry. Just doing the install today so I may be a bit inpatient and wanted to know the answer. I figured there was a reason just wanted to confirm.

Thanks guys.....Will have pics up soon once completed.