Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (wakerocker)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-05-2007, 7:41 PM Reply   
Hey all,
I posted a while ago about trying to hook up with some riders in Oahu --- that was before I moved here. I've been here about a month and am dying to get on the water (wakeboarding). If anyone needs a third or is willing to give me a pull out at Ke'ehi, please let me know - I'm good for gas, cleanup, whatever I can do to help.
I would have posted this in the "third" section but I wanted the most people to see it - Could the ww member who contacted me about a 2003 belmont in Honolulu please PM me again -- my computer crashed and I lost all my contact info for you - THANKS!
Old     (7890303)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-05-2007, 7:45 PM Reply   
Just a little advice...take up surfing, for God's sake its Hawaii.
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-05-2007, 8:43 PM Reply   
Call Reid 255-wake
Old     (wakerocker)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-05-2007, 8:59 PM Reply   
Appreciate the advice, Marc, but I surf too. In the "for God's sake it's Hawaii" spirit, I'm trying to get the most out of the experience while I'm out here--- which includes surfing AND wakeboarding if I can- I heard Ke'ehi is a sick place to ride so why not? Ryan, thanks for the #, I tried to reach him by PM and am not sure what's up. No problem, I'll see what happens.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-06-2007, 2:01 PM Reply   
Yup, Reid is the "dude" out there. He pretty much knows who still rides, etc...

Did you ship your boat too?

It's a small tight little family, so i'm sure you will meet them sooner or later.
Old     (board2death)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-06-2007, 2:09 PM Reply   
Theres someone named Ryan Sh------- cant remember the name but posts here a bunch. Theres a wakeboard school or something along those lines on one of the islands. Anyone know more?
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-06-2007, 2:09 PM Reply   
Stay away from Hard rock cafe' and the homeless under the bridge...They'll take you for a ride...Haole
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-06-2007, 2:12 PM Reply   
Ryan is Reid's brother..
Old     (board2death)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-06-2007, 2:27 PM Reply   
Ahhh- there we go. From what i've read those guys are the hookup in the Islands
Wish I was there instead of posting on WW from work
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-06-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
Shimabukuru
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-06-2007, 3:06 PM Reply   
Hamburguru
Old    dabigkahuna            03-06-2007, 3:29 PM Reply   
Wassup Terrance,

I normally have an open invite to all those who travel to Oahu, but my boat has been broke for over 6 months. You can't even begin to imagine how hard it is to get a ski/wakeboard boat fixed in Hawaii!!! Anyways, I HOPE to have my boat up and running this week (I finally got a real mechanic who also is an awsome wakeboarder to help me out). Once my boat is up and running, you are more than welcome to join me out at the ski club. PM your info and I will get back to you.

Aloha!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-06-2007, 6:52 PM Reply   
Hey Terrance,
Not sure which email you used for Reid but he's changed it quite a bit lately. I'll actually be coming home to Hawaii for a month vacation starting next week Tuesday and plan on doing as much riding as possible. A friend just took delivery on a new VLX so he wants to spend spme time out at Keehi.

Also, my brother doesn't ride much anymore and actually sold his boat but is still good as a contact for hookups. Send me a PM with all your info and we will try to hook up while I'm there. I also ride with a couple of friends how have Nautiques.

Aloha
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-06-2007, 6:57 PM Reply   
heheheheh, tell Doug-e to finish fix'n that boat up.. Also tell him Keith said Wazzap brah!
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-06-2007, 6:57 PM Reply   
Ryan, who got a VLX on the island now?
Old    dabigkahuna            03-06-2007, 7:12 PM Reply   
Yup, Doug-e is da'man! I wish he could be full-time boat mechanic, but I guess there's more cars breaking than boats, especially his specialty, Fords!
Old     (wakerocker)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-06-2007, 8:35 PM Reply   
Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the responses and the offers. I remember reading an old post about Ke'ehi and a lot of people were talking about their sick experiences riding there and I just want to get a taste of that.
I brought my bindings out here, but to ship my board would have cost more than it's worth; still trying to figure out what to do there. Realize it would be asking A LOT at this point, but if anyone had an old busted board I could use at least temporarily that would be tight. Kahuna I'll PM you with my # to see if we can hook up for some riding. Sorry about your boat, but even after living here a month I can understand your difficulty in getting it repaired!
Ryan, thanks for the head's up on Reid - he had PM'd me when I first posted about this but I wasn't sure if it was still cool to contact him. Anyway, I'll send you my contact and hopefully we can make it happen. Thanks again for all the info, I really appreciate it. It's been a while since I've been out on the water so I'll probably be putting on a clinic on faceplants, and I'm almost certain my knees can't handle a VLX wake right now, but I can't wait- til then, Aloha...
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-06-2007, 8:40 PM Reply   
Keith,
Steve Cunningham got one. He liked yours so much that his graphics look a lot like yours. I emailed you back regarding the Powell trip you want to plan, did you receive it? If not, let me know.

Alan, I see you changed your screen name. Wassup, I've been meaning to call you since I'll be coming home next week. What's been wrong with the boat? Do you still keep it at Lamariana? Have you been riding with Kent?

See you next week
Old    dabigkahuna            03-06-2007, 11:47 PM Reply   
Terrance - I got a 05' LF Team 134, a 05' LF Fish 129, and a 05' Murry138, you can use any of them. I think I'll be camping out at the ski club this weekend, if you want to come out and camp let me know.

Ryan - Dude, the boat situation is totally out of control. Let's just say I am not a happy camper right now, it's been a total nightmare. I can't get into the details, cause there will be some legal stuff happening soon, but it's just totally lame. Hopefully I get the boat going on Thursaday and hopefully Doug-e can be the man in the future for warranty work and such. If this happens then I think things wil start to mellow out again. I haven't rode with Kent forever, since I haven't had a boat. BUT, I got my fingers crossed, I hope to be riding with Kent & YOU next week!
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-07-2007, 4:49 AM Reply   
Alan, Camilo told me about what happened. SUCKS!!! Hope it all works out.

Ryan, we will work something out soon with Powell
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-07-2007, 8:07 AM Reply   
Terry,
I responded to your PM.

Alan, ok, you can catch me up on everything when I get back.

Keith, no worries. Just didn't hear back from you after I responded to your PM. Just wanted to make sure you got it.