Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-28-2010, 12:49 PM Reply   
so i am riding all weekend and going out around 4 tonight. im really want to try the Vibe out. I will give someone a pull if i can try their vibe. i know Jason has one, any other cwb guys? i dont want to pay for a demo program becasue if i dont like the vibe im just going to ride my old Double up.( im pulling it out the dust)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-28-2010, 1:53 PM Reply   
Jason has a 144 or 146...something like that.

I actually need to try one again. I'll see if I can pick up a demo and bring it out to disco this weekend. Text me at 5109319895 saturday morning if you haven;t found anything by then.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-28-2010, 2:17 PM Reply   
Thanks Jarrod, i should be going out tomorrow if you want to ride. i might need a second driver. i was going to ride tonight but this weather is killing me. hopefully it should calm down.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-28-2010, 2:18 PM Reply   
What time are you thinking in the morning i should get a hold of you before you come out this way?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-28-2010, 2:27 PM Reply   
If I was closer I'd let you use mine. I've got the 142 and think everyone should try the Vibe!
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-28-2010, 2:42 PM Reply   
well thank you Stephen, how do you like the vibe?
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-28-2010, 3:18 PM Reply   
Hows the wind in Disco right now? I'm heading up in a few hours
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-28-2010, 4:13 PM Reply   
Call me in the morning. I'm going to try and pick one up .
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-28-2010, 4:28 PM Reply   
jason,
the wind is alittle gusty right now.. usually when its gusty its not choppy in certain spots. im gonna head out and ride for a bit now. i will let you know how it was. cross your fingers. todays a gamble.

Jarrod,
Thanks man i appreciate it. i will hit you up tomorrow morning
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-28-2010, 10:37 PM Reply   
found some good water.. really on old river though... not really a fan though because it really narrow in some spots
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-31-2010, 2:21 PM Reply   
Hey Michael. Sorry for the lag on response. We made the trek to Lake Nacimiento so I wasnt around to see this post but I would have gladly let you borrow it. Did you end up getting your hands on one? If not let me know when your out this way ridng again and Ill get you hooked up.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-31-2010, 9:58 PM Reply   
no problem man, i went out for a few friday and then just decided that i was over the wind and went to sac and then tahoe.. crazy weekend. so wednesday afternoon we are going out, would you like to come ride? more like after work. im working in oakland starting tomorrow and i dont exactly know what time i will be off, but hopefully be on the water by 5-6.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-03-2010, 2:12 PM Reply   
jason,
How do i get ahold of you? you want to go ride this afternoon?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-03-2010, 2:13 PM Reply   
I'm heading out to put the first set on my 142.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-03-2010, 2:47 PM Reply   
let me know how it rides. i really am trying to ride one and i know a bunch of people own them around me.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-04-2010, 6:43 AM Reply   
It took a bit of time to get used to it, but what a great board. It is a super fun board to press and slide on the water and great off the wake as well. It does ride just a tad loose, but you will adjust to it pretty fast. It was a late afternoon/evening set so we were just riding stock ballast, but I can't wait to ride a bigger wake.

At the end of my set, I caught my heelside edge, and got laid out, re-aggrevating my strained shoulder.

Highly recommend the Vibe.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-04-2010, 7:08 AM Reply   
could you compare the pop to any board? it sounds like fun. i started this season off riding the company recruit ad ever since i feel like i have been riding a ton of bricks with traditional boards. They just seem to clunky. have you tried any other flex boards? and if so does the vibe ride differently? like regular edging?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-04-2010, 8:43 AM Reply   
The only other flex board that I had rode previously was an older Roam. There were a couple of times yesterday when I got a bit squirrely , but I was able to ride out of it, that was one thing I noticed. I have been riding the Covin and a Lyman, so the Vibe isn't quite as fast as I am used to. I think the edging on the Vibe is good, if you have adequate technique. The fins offer a bit of aid in the edging. I feel that I can ollie a bit higher on the Vibe.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-04-2010, 9:04 AM Reply   
how was the pop compared to the lyman?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-04-2010, 10:03 AM Reply   
Not a huge difference, IMO. The Vibe has quite a bit of surface area which aids in the pop. It took me a couple of W2W jumps to get adjusted, but after that I didn't notice a significant difference.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-04-2010, 12:06 PM Reply   
sounds good to me. i started to like the recruit but it seemed alittle narrow. im a three stage kind of guy so i have a hard time finding a board tht will give me lofty pop, the flex i have noticed lets you ride up the wake instead of that bump feeling that normal boards give you. bad discription. i have still yet got to ride the vibe.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-04-2010, 9:01 PM Reply   
micheal > sorry for the lag dude. Been busy at work. email me at callnjc@gmail.com. I'll be out riding all weekend this weekend. If your up this way let me know and I'll get that board to you. I have it set up with a pair of Marius boots so your more than welcome to try those at as well.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-04-2010, 9:11 PM Reply   
well i live in disco and your profile says you do to?