Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (weskel)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-01-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
I ordered the CWB Faze package with the Seven bindings yesterday.

I intend to post my success and failures for all to ridicule. Last year I tried to use an old obrien board with velcro bindings that came with my boat when I bought it. I tried unsuccessfully to get up on last year and many of you have let me know your tricks for getting up and out of the water.

I plan on getting the boat in the water towards the end of the month so I will let you guys know if I have any luck with the new board and some good advice.

Thanks

Kelly (weskel)
Old    innov8actionsports.com            03-01-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
Sweet Kelly, you will love the board and bindings its a great beginner/Intermediate setup, hard to beat for the money IMO Enjoy!!
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-01-2007, 11:29 PM Reply   
Ballin.

You will rock that setup for sure.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-02-2007, 8:06 AM Reply   
post pics too ... that way the WWers can offer better critique to help you out!
Old     (weskel)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-02-2007, 9:28 AM Reply   
Is there a set rule on where to mount the bindings for a beginer?

I have'nt recieved the board yet, but in the pics online it looks like there are alot of mounting holes.

Does it have to do with weight of the rider?
I am 6-2 weighing in at 220...

I think someone told me to mount the bindings as far out for better stability, is that correct?

Kelly
Old     (weskel)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-02-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
I just checked on my order and it is on the truck for delivery today...

Can't wait to get home from work....

Kelly
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-02-2007, 9:59 AM Reply   
Kelly - congrats on the board. You'll love it. something about having your own board..the one you picked out...

Stance: all personal preference. I'm 6'2" 195 and ride a 139. I'll prob be all the way out. last year i was on 142 and felt most comfy 1 insert in. I felt like the outside of my knees were really tense and I didn't like it that. Wide for stability, but if your knees tell ya otherwise, do it. (I'm assuming you're getting a 140'ish board.) anything smaller than that, stay all the way out.

one way to test is to jump off the bed and land soft (bend your knees a bit) while looking out a window . then have a look at how you landed. should be your most natural stance. match up to your board. rip it. throw us some pics of your setup. have fun bro. get those pimps in your bow on a board!
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-02-2007, 10:30 AM Reply   
Kelly, Width of bindings and angle is all preference. It might be easier to ride switch if both bindings are "toe'd out" or "duck footed" to make it easier to rotate your trunk... just a thought
Old     (weskel)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-02-2007, 10:48 AM Reply   
Nacho,

Yeah the board is a 141 length.

The old board I tried last year was a 137 and I couldnt make it happen, found out that is too small for my size

I will make it happen this year....

Now I have a reason to get in better shape...

Kelly
Old     (weskel)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-10-2007, 7:18 PM Reply   
Well, here it isUpload