Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-15-2006, 8:23 PM Reply   
Well I finally got a video camera so it's time to start making some movies. The only problem is that I don't know what to use for them. I have the Windows Movie Maker, but I'm not sure that I really like how it operates. Is there any other suggestions out there for people on a budget? I saw one program that sounds decent, movieworks.com, anyone have any experience?
Also when I put my film into full screen the picture is VERY grainy, is there anyway to fix this? I am using a Sony Handycam DCR-HC21 if that helps
Old    jpbray            06-16-2006, 6:14 AM Reply   
If you've a good budget try Adobe Premiere it's probably the most used one on PC and the most complete and I used it for 3 years.
Old     (mike_mclin)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-16-2006, 7:17 AM Reply   
If you aren't very serious, and you just want to make some cool movies of you, your friends, and family then I would check out Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0. It is basically a watered-down version of Adobe Premiere Pro. Also, Premiere Elements costs $99, and Premiere Pro costs $849. You can also try out either one of these software packages at Adobe's website. Here is the link http://www.adobe.com/products/premiereel/index.html

(Message edited by Mike McLin on June 16, 2006)
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-16-2006, 9:39 AM Reply   
I have also been looking for something easy to use just to make some fun movies--so Premiere Elements works pretty well for more of a budget driven software package? Is it much more advanced than using something like Nero?
Old     (mike_mclin)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-28-2006, 10:03 AM Reply   
I have never used Nero for video editing (didn't know they even made that), and I have never used Premiere Elements ofr editing either. I would assume that Premiere Elements would be a better package. I am sure it borrows a lot of the same technology that Premiere Pro uses. Also, if you decide to one day take you editing further, I am sure the move from Elements to Pro would be an easy step, since they most likely use a lot of the same tools.
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-28-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
I am thinking that Premiere Elements looks like a good place to start learning how to do some video editing without spending much money. If anyone has used it, please let me know how well it works...Thanks!
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       06-28-2006, 5:31 PM Reply   
i have both premiere elements and premiere pro, i like them both, just depends on what i want to do, make a good movie or just a quick family movie.
Old     (nils_lars)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-28-2006, 7:53 PM Reply   
I have used Movie Maker and its a simple program and may be a good way to just get started , I had some problems with quality till I read this guys site and he has info on all kinds of stuff about video good thing to bookmark and use when you need it.

http://www.digitalvideoclub.com/tutorials/moviemakermistakes.php
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-01-2006, 4:56 PM Reply   
What about Roxio DVD8? has anybody used this program, cost only 50 bucks and the basic program I got (with the computer) seems pretty good??