Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (nickpman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-22-2003, 7:12 AM Reply   
I have a couple questions regarding how i can make my 88 prostars wake bigger. I bought a 560 pound fat sac and put it in the back of the boat, but the boat is small and seems to have a hard time planing out. The wake gets real washy and its hard to keep speed. I just recently bought to Fat Sac side sacs for the boat, (2) which weigh about 250 pounds each but I havent tried them yet. The boat has a closed bow. If anyone can help me with a weight configuration that would be great.

Nick

Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-22-2003, 7:44 AM Reply   
Sounds like you need some weight in the bow. I have heard of several 190 owners putting a fatseat in the back plus as much weight as you can stuff in the bow. I am guessing the total weight to be about 1800 pounds? I have heard good things about them with that much weight in it. You may also want to consider a 4 blade prop. That will help you get out of the hole faster. From there you could get a couple of lead weights that you can move around the boat to balance the weight. Good luck.
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-22-2003, 12:05 PM Reply   
Wow, Blabel is speaking of my boat, and is right on!!!

I have an 88 and have a fat seat in the rear, and 3 waterbed tubes, sub box, etc in the nose. While very rarely needed, I also have a fatsac that I can partially fill to balance the boat. Lead plates would be a better alternative.

In my experience, a lower pitch prop will make more difference than the # of blades. Having said that, I run a 4 blade, with a 3 blade as a spare. This will help the holeshot dramatically.

I think what you already have will work fine, several ways:
1. One side sac up front, and one in front of back seat; then put full size sac on top of back seat.
2. Side sacs along engine, and full sac up front 1/2 - 3/4 full.

I personally think #1 will produce a larger wake, but #2 keeps more seating.
Old     (nickpman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-22-2003, 5:21 PM Reply   
Thanks alot guys. I'll try both of those connfigurations